(37) First Favorite

(Picture above is Kim Jiyong)

🌹

- Kim Jiyong's POV -

     I lived in a household where blood would constantly stain the floors.

     My sisters would be trained to be well-mannered women who will marry into a rich family in the future, while I was trained to become a strong man who will one day lead the gang.

     But, my purpose was suddenly changed when Julien was brought into this world.

     "It's a boy!" I remembered everyone shouting.

     I was six-years-old at that time when everyone in the household started going wild when the original wife gave birth to a boy.

    The wife was never the nicest person, so I avoided her as constantly as I could. My own mother on the other hand was a woman that I never met, not even once. But it never really concerned me.

     I knew the situation. I was a product of a mistress, so I never complained.

     Thankfully the wife is staying here only until Julien turns one. Wives of the heads are not allowed to stay at the household, so I'm very glad we have a rule like that.

     "He's so adorable!" I heard someone say from inside the room.

     I was standing near the room where my new baby brother was born when one of the Elders suddenly approached me from behind.

    "Looks like the household will be busy for now on," he tells me.

    I looked at him and said, "Then I'll help take care of him."

     The Elder laughed and looked at me like I was a fool, "Do you not understand your position now Jiyong?"

     "W-What do you mean?"

     "You are nothing now, no value whatsoever. The real heir is born, and you cannot approach him, not even look at him, because you are not worthy to be-"

     "Mr. Hans!" someone suddenly shouted from behind us.

     I quickly turned around and saw my father approaching us.

     I had to wipe the tears that were already forming in my eyes because father hated it when we cry in front of anyone.

     "What the hell are you telling my son?" he angrily asked as he stood in front of us.

    "The truth sir," he bravely answered.

    I could see my father clenching his fist as he says, "Leave. I do not need Elders to manipulate my own son into hating his own brother."

    The Elder smirked, but he doesn't say anything and just bows and leaves.

    "F-Father...is it true that I am-"

    "You are my son. My blood runs in your veins. I raised you right, so positions should not be a hindrance to you. Do you understand?" he asked me, and I quickly nodded my head as an answer.

     "Good, now head back to the garden. Hana is playing with your younger sister."

     My father and two sisters loved me and treated me well. But the Elders, or what we call as the wise men, treated me like dirt like how they treated Minji, who is also a daughter of another mistress.

     My father hated them, but on the other hand he needed them.

    They had power, knowledge, and connections. They're the reason why our gang is a strong one.