(39) Betrayed

🌹

     "B-Brother?"

     I asked as I looked at him with disbelief.

     Romeo and the others stood there in shock, not sure what to say or how to react to what we just saw.

     I stood there like my feet were glued to the floor.

     Jiyong was lifeless and chained up on the wall like some kind of animal that's ready to be butchered .

     My tears continued to pour, and my body started to tremble. But when my brother suddenly gave out a shaky breath, the floor finally released me and I immediately ran towards him.

     "Jiyong!" I shouted as I approached him.

     At first I was hesitant. I didn't want to touch him, I was too afraid I'd hurt him if I do.

    He was covered in blood, like he was tortured by a monster who I still wasn't sure of.

     "What are you standing there for?! Someone get him out of those chains!" Romeo suddenly shouted, quickly making his men go to Jiyong.

     "P-Please be careful," I say as I moved aside.

     But when they started touching him, my brother started moaning in pain, "W-Wait! You're hurting him!" I shouted.

     "We can't put him down if we don't touch him," one of Romeo's men stated.

     So I nodded my head and finally let them touch him.

     One man put out his gun and used it to break the chains. And when the chains were finally off the wall, two other men immediately grabbed him.

     "Call for a doctor, hurry!" Romeo shouted.

     "Yes don Romeo," one of his men answered before running back upstairs.

     "Carry him to our room," Romeo instructed as he looked at the men who were carrying Jiyong.

     The men didn't answer and just carried him upstairs.

     I was about to follow them when Mat suddenly grabbed my hand to stop me, "T-That's...that's your brother?" he asked me.

     I couldn't even open my mouth since my whole body was trembling, so I nodded my head instead.

     "How on earth did he get here?" Mat asked further.

     "I...I don't-" I immediately stopped because the tears started to pour out even more.

     Romeo immediately grabs me to give me a warm embrace.

     "I'm so sorry Julien. I should have known," Romeo tells me.

     "W-We were right here...he was so close and I d-didn't even know. I didn't even fucking know," I say as I buried my face on Romeo's chest.

     "He'll be okay. The doctor will be here and he'll recover. He's a strong man right? Then he'll be okay. And once he's okay, we'll find out who did this, and we'll definitely kill him. I promise."

*****

     "How is he?" Romeo asked as he approached me.

     I was standing outside the room where Jiyong was. The doctor immediately treated him so thankfully he's better now.

     "He's still unconscious but he'll be okay," I answered.

     Romeo looked like he wanted to apologize again. Ever since we've discovered my brother, Romeo's been apologizing to me none stop.