Chapter One - "Jace"

Jace

Standing in my local coffee shop I'm surrounded by familiar faces and all I can think about is the one next to me.
Jace Lorenzo. Dark hair, bright eyes, naturally tanned skin that anyone would die for and what most people pay for at the local tanning shop. He's very appealing to the eye.

He's my boyfriend of nearly a year. It was rushed. It was sudden. I had only just broken up with my ex, Logan Johnson. I and Logan had been together since.. Well since I can remember. Our Mothers were best friends and we were best friends I was glued to his hip 24/7 so a new relationship was hard to get used to. Anyway more about him later...

Back to Jace. With his thick black hair and bright near white eyes, he is near perfection but he has his flaws, and lately, the cracks have started to show.

"Lee, what you want to eat?? And don't say nothing or anything just give me a god damn answer!"

Jace's harsh voice snaps me out of my zone. I look around embarrassed by his tone, and I see Latoyah giving him daggers - if only looks could kill. Shit, I wish.

Latoyah has been a good friend since around 6 months ago. I met her through Jace she's his best friends, girlfriend - which brings me to Kael.
He's also stood giving daggers to Jace. Kael is his best pal, but he lets him know when he steps out of line and I know he hates how Jace treats me.
With Kael's absolutely hilarious small talk and jokes - he has everyone in stitches constantly but when he's serious - he's serious.

He and Latoyah have been together for two years, they click it's as simple as that. They are what I'd describe the perfect match for one another she is fierce, crazy, and very upfront. She's a girl that knows exactly what she wants and isn't afraid to shut you down - Kael is the male equivalent. People say opposites attract and the same clash? Not in their case.

"Lee?!"

My eyes dart back to Jace as I jump to his voice, snapping me out of my deep thinking zone.
The slight snarl in his voice lets me know he's pissed. But let's be serious when isn't he? I guess you could say I'm used to it..

"Sorry, erm I'm really not hungry babe.." I say whilst giving him my best fake smile.

Are you not hungry? You're never fucking hungry!" He snarls. He's always complaining about my eating. I do eat! Just not excessively like he does, personally? I think he eats like a fucking pig to put it bluntly but who am I to judge?

I have so many words for him but for some reason he does something to me - he makes me shut down, he turns me into someone I'm not. A timid little fool that can't speak up.

"Don't speak to her like that, who do you think you are, Jace?"

There she is. She always speaks up for me. I know what you're thinking I should open my mouth. I should ask him who the fuck he thinks he is. I should shut his ass the hell down like I would anyone else huh? but I never can when it comes to him. With her hands on her hips, her ass sticking out all to the one side - one hell of a nice ass may I add - and her face which clearly shows how far into the angry bitch stage she is.
Jace rolls his eyes at Latoyah but still facing me. His eyes are piercing a hole into the side of my face! Inside I'm just praying he will go .. Walk away Jace go get your damn food.

"Whatever, I'm going to eat - starve for all I care."
He basically shouts it at me. The whole cafe can here him, everyone's heads are turning towards us. I'm pretty sure I'm 50 shades of red right now. This is a regular thing though, I'm forever waiting for the ground to open up and swallow me whole because of him. He's a whole embarrassment. 
He storms over to the counter and orders his food and coffee. Some people would say he's an ass which to be honest he is. But no one ever see's the real Jace. The Jace that I see when we're alone. The Jace I met a year ago. He helped me, shit he helped me a lot. He helped me to slowly come out of the heartbroken bubble after my split with Logan.
He brought me back to life so to speak. So even though he's an ass - he's MY ass.. I guess?