Chapter 47 - "Uneasy Feelings"

***********

Hunter's POV

I'm so fucking mad right now. I'm here dealing with her mother and father. Why? I don't know. I have no choice.
He's asking for her what am I meant to say? She's with a guy?
Fuck no.
And yes that's my pride taking over.
I shouldn't have let her go. I shouldn't have...
Anything could happen with that waste of space. Only I can protect her - ME. Not fucking Gino.

I know she's had a bad time lately, I know she's mentally drained. I just want to take care of her, that's all. I want her here with me where I know I can keep a close eye on her and NO not because I'm fucking obsessed. Because that girl.. she had my heart and no one ever has before maybe that's why I feel so crazy right now.

Maybe that's why I'm standing outside of his apartment in the pouring rain staring up at his window, I assume that's his bedroom window the lights on dim.

I'm taking my lady home.

*********

Making my way to the apartment door, rain hitting me full bolt all over.
Before I know it I come to a stand still, should I be doing this?
Should I be invading her privacy like this?
Turning up here unannounced?
Yes I should. She made herself mine the day she called me Daddy.
She's mine, not his.
I shouldn't have let her go, I made mistakes, hell I know I did I should've told her about Logan as soon as I got to her.
That was my plan, that was why I was there but then I saw them together, I struggled with that. I didn't want them to be together, Yet I'm the one that placed them together. What was I thinking? I have no idea. The kid' angers me so much. Maybe it's because I know deep down he's not all that bad? He's not, even though he's kinda fucked up, I heard from one of the boys that he had a bad childhood. No one knows why, but that's the main reason I liked him. He took no shit, had an ice cold heart, had nothing to lose. Until he met Rylee and then that ice cold heart fucking melted and suddenly he had everything to lose, including what's mine.
Just the thought of me losing her to him makes me want to cut his throat and detach his kneecaps. So imagine me right now, imagine me imagining them, cuddling, sharing conversation and doing god knows what else - that should be me and her.
Jealousy, posessivness, even crazy maybe. It runs through every limb, every bone and every drop of blood within my body. That's just me, it wasn't, fuck no it never used to be.
Until her.
That day.
The airport.
Rylee changed me and I'm not even sure if it's for the better anymore because I could snap hundreds of necks and place bullets as quick as darts over just one moment of jealousy because of her.
Is that a good thing?
That I'd kill anyone that steps in my way?
Probably not, but what's mine is mine, and a certain someone needs to fucking realise that.
And they both need to realise I'd do anything to keep her.
I'd do anything.
For her, For my little lady.

I knock lightly, it's late and I believe he has housemates so I won't wake them. I'm waiting, absolutely soaked through. My once crisp suit is now hanging to me as a tight as a leech.
No answer.

Tonight's been amazing but the guilt is kicking in. Me and Hunter, what are we? I still don't know, but he loves me. I think.. yeah. He does. Right? He said he does so he does. He wouldn't say those words and not mean them, that's just not the kind of man he is. I'm curled into a Gino's chest, the rains hitting onto the window - there's nothing more calming than a thunderstorm, Gino knows me well, he opened the window just enough so I can hear every single splash, trickle and lashing of the rain. I'm not sure what I find calming about it, but it soothes me. Like a lullaby to a baby.
Mood, it changes my mood quite instantly.
It's also quite romantic.. but the guilt overruns the romantic feelings.
This should not have happened.