Chapter 60 - "It's over.."

Leave?? Alone?
Hunter no. Do not fucking allow this...

"Yeah, over my dead fucking body." Thank god.

"Do you think I'm going to hurt her? Apart from you and Sharon she's all I have?"
That's a valid point but why isn't he trying to get to know Hunter too?

"We'll stand outside." What?
"We'll what? Hunter we aren't leaving her with him? We don't know him?"
Gino, thanks. Jesus what is this? Why would anyone leave me alone with this guy?

"Shut it kid and do as I say. Baby we'll be outside the door if you need me I'll be here in half a second." That doesn't make me feel any better he could gag me kill me Jesus he could do anything possible to make sure I don't make any noise? Ok slight exaggeration but you can't be too sure these days! Everyone's fucked up! I don't trust many people and I certainly do not trust this guy!

They leave anyway. Idiots.

Cain faces me. My legs are like jelly I'm so scared I don't know why.

"You don't need to be scared of me, I know we don't know each other but you're the only person I care about right now."

Cares about me? Why?
"Why? You don't even know me?"

"That's true. But I've heard so much about you from her, good and bad and the bad was only her opinion. I want to get to know you if you don't want that that's fine. I want to know him too but I don't think he's in a rush to want to just yet do you? I laugh slightly and his laughter follows.

He hands me a piece of paper.
"This is for you."
What?
I open the fold and quickly realise it's the contract Hunter just signed.

"I'm confused?" I look up at him.
He smiles kindly, "it's yours. Read the small print."
My eyes slowly trail from his to the bottom of the contract.

This contract gives sole ownership of everything stated to Rylee ....... is this a fucking joke?

"You made Hunter sign this house over to you just so that you can give it to me?"

"That's not how it is. Look, I'm not exactly as poor as I'm showing myself to be. I have money, luckily the parents I ended up with were wealthy. I know you won't get anything from her or your Dad - not because they probably won't give you anything because you won't take it."

"Why exactly do you think I'm going to accept this?" This guy is fucking delusional.

"Because there's a lot of money inside that house, I could have allowed Hunter to find it. But I wanted it to be in your name - I want you to own everything in that house when you find it." What the fuck?

"You know I'm signing this straight back over to Hunter, right?" Idiot.

"You can do whatever you want. I understand we have brothers too? Give it them? Give it to someone who needs it? Hunter doesn't."

I don't know what this guys intentions are but I'm not about to take anything from him - when it's actually Hunter's. "what if I destroy this contract right now?"

"Then the house remains as Hunter's." he shrugs. "I just wanted to give you something, I know you've had a bad time lately. I just wanted you to know that you're not unwanted. I don't know you but I want to know you."

He seems genuine but I don't know - I can't do it. I tear the paper up into tiny pieces. "You're a loyal one huh?" I don't know why I destroyed it, but it's not mine and it never will be. It's Hunter's. if there's money in that house somewhere it's not mine it's Hunter's. Well, I guess it's his too but he doesn't want it, clearly. He just wanted to give it me for some reason. Well I don't want it, I'm not with Hunter for his money. Money entertains lazy females, one day I hope to make that kind of my money by myself and if I don't? That's ok too. I'm not greedy and I certainly am not taking away something Hunter deserves. He's still haunted by that man, he deserves everything of his. Every penny.