Chapter 63 - "It's not too late for us.."

"What are you doing here?" I don't even know. What the hell am I doing here?

"I'm not sure, I probably shouldn't be here... but I am."

"Lee? Talk to me what's wrong?"

"I'm marrying Hunter." The words just fall out so fast it's too late to stop them... the shock on his face. I can tell he's absolutely gutted.

"Is that what you want? Wow... I ... wow..."

"I love him."

"You love me too." True. But I chose Hunter, didn't I?

"Look I just came to tell you before anyone else finds out and tells you. I had to tell you."

"So you're going ahead with it, huh? You're really doing this?" I didn't come here to be made to feel guilty. I came here to respect him enough to tell him first before he finds out from anyone else.

"I am.."

"This is it then, I've lost you forever?" Fuck. Don't play with my feelings like that. I can't be here why did I come!

"I'm leaving. I'm sorry. I really really am..."

I turn my back and go to leave, I feel a lump in my throat. This really is it isn't it? This is us, it's over. "Lee...?!" I close my eyes, swallow that lump, "What?" Without turning around to face him. I can't face him.. I can't.

"It's not too late, it's not too late to choose me? I can make you happy. I don't have all the money he has or the business and cars. But I love you isn't that enough?" It's more than enough.

"It's not about the money." I scream and I turn to face him with a single tear trickling down my cheek.

"Why him? Answer me? Why him?"

"Gino, I love you. But I can't live without him."
That sounded so god damn cruel, because I know I can't live without Gino either, it's just that I'm willing to try...

"I'll be waiting. I'll never stop loving you. The day you get married I'll be there, Lee. I'll be there waiting for you. If you don't want me then I'll never bother you again but something tells me in your eyes that there's still hope for us..."
I have to leave. I can't be here. I can't handle this....
I run out of his apartment. I can't believe he just said that to me, after all this he still wants me? Hunter. Hunter is my main priority he needs to realize if I wanted him more than Hunter I would have chosen him. 

Wouldn't I?

***********
"What the fuck are you doing here? Get the hell away from him!!!" I can't believe my eyes.

I finally gather up the courage to come to see my boy. Armed with a little blue bear in cellophane and a book. A book Logan purchased after his funeral. The book had been locked inside that box all this time.
Then I see her, kneeling at my boys resting place? Is she fucking serious?

She places her hand on his stone before standing up with her head hung low. "Rylee..."

"No! What the hell are you doing here? You have no right to be here!"

"He's my grandson!"

"Your ...? You hate me! I'm your daughter! I'm his mother! How can you have the audacity to come here?"

"I don't ... I don't hate you."

"Could have fooled me."

"It was meant to be you! All along it was meant to be you but how much would you have hated me if I'd have told you that you have to marry a random older guy?"
That's a very true point but it doesn't change much. All the things she's called me and said to me? She fucking hates me!