Chapter 48 - "You don't own me!"

Concentrate throughout. This chapter will have a lot of quickly switched POV's. Rylee will be in standard text, whoever else's will be in bold.

************

I heard every single word. I'm not sure what to think to be honest, I know he loves me. He's protecting me? But why the hell am I sat in his car soaking wet and naked. Covered partly - only partly - by a small blanket he retrieved from Gino's. My bandages aren't on my wrists. If he's angry now... well let's just say I'm about to see a completely different Hunter. I'm not excited to meet him. I was so sure he was about to tell Gino about Bobby just now, what he said wasn't true though. Gino hasn't been back long, if he caught me at a time like Hunter did when I told him everything, it would have been Gino I told. It just hurts way too much to go through that explanation and reliving it all over again. Now Gino thinks I'm hiding something and I can bet he won't let it go, which means I will at some point probably have to relive it all again... more shit and stress. A deep intake of breathe and a slam on the wheel brings me out of my thoughts almost instantly. I'm back, in this fucking nightmare. Naked. Naked in Hunter's car, furious Hunter's car. My tears have slowed down alot. I'm angered slightly, but I daren't say a word. I know he would never hurt me but... he's still a scary guy.

"Explain yourself, Rylee." Is all I hear, I still don't look at him. I'm in the exact position I was when he placed me in here, I'm dithering, from what though I don't know. Fear? Or being naked and cold? Both?

I'm not sure how to react, I hit the steering wheel in anger. I know she's scared right now, I'd never hurt her. She knows that, fuck I hope she knows that. I'm a cunt but never to her. All I ever do is try and protect her, the sudden awareness of how crazy she actually makes me hits me like a tonne of bricks. I carried her naked out of another man's bed, into the thunderstorm and into my car. That's not normal fucking behaviour, I'm losing myself slowly to this woman and she doesn't even realise it. I'd do anything below and beyond for her, I could say I'd kill for her but that isn't love, that's me on a daily basis. But I will and I do love for her, every fucking day she's in my mind. I breathe for this girl, I wake up with her on my mind, I go to sleep with her on my mind and she's on my mind every fucking second inbetween. But even then, that's not love. But carrying her out of another guys fucking bed naked after they just fucked and not killing that bastard there and then when it's all I wanted to do? That is love. Control, I am control. I fucking love control, I cannot function without being in control so what happens when she takes that away from me? Because that's what she does. She takes everything from me and turns it to fucking shit. It's not a bad thing, I don't think, I love her I'm not even sure she believes me when I say that but I do. I know so because she's the only woman I would let take away my control and use it against me. She doesn't know it but she's always in control she holds the strings, not me.

When I was a kid after my mother passed there was an old lady. Olive, wise woman she used to take care of me alot when my mother and father were busy. I'm not even completely sure who she was, was she related to me? A neighbour? Fuck knows. But she used to talk a hellof a lot of shit to me as a boy, but since I met Rylee I think about Olive alot because suddenly all of that "shit" she tried to drill into my head? It now makes sense. One thing in particular stands out in my mind.