Chapter Three - "My Lee".

We enter a very bright, white and elegant room. Much too elegant for Sharon.
There she is standing with her one arm crossed and her other puffing on a fag with a furrow in her brows and absolutely nothing in her eyes. She's cold - she's empty.

Hunter stands next to me as we're both facing her.

"Mu..um.." I somehow manage between gritted teeth.

"Cut the shit, Rylee, go unpack and stay out of my way."

Before I even have a chance to retaliate Hunter speaks for me.

"Are you serious? She is your daughter! You can't speak to her that way!"

He took me by surprise, to be honest, I didn't expect him to be on my side. Maybe her attitude towards me just shocked him? I don't know but I'm kinda thankful. no ones ever gone against her for me. No one.

"She's evil Hunter, you don't know her like I do. She will manipulate and brainwash you!"

Hunter takes one look at me then a look back at her.

Hunters POV.
The woman standing before me is a completely different woman to the one I left here this morning. We have our differences, sure. But she's being absolutely disgusting towards Rylee, her daughter. How can she be like this? The poor kids had to come back here when she clearly doesn't want to. I don't know the reasons behind it at the minute and to be honest I'm not sure I want to know anymore but no way in hell am I letting Sharon treat her like this.
I turn and look at Rylee, she's clearly uncomfortable. I don't know if it was bravado earlier but her posture and her attitude has suddenly changed. She looks.. Scared almost? What the hell happened between them?!

I look at Sharon in disgust then my head shifts straight back to Rylee.
"Come on let's take you to your room."

Without any word, she turns and faces the door, but doesn't move - she's waiting for me to lead the way.
So I do.
The small trip upstairs to her room is silent, she's walking behind me.
As we get to the room I open the door, with my one arm stretched up holding the door open as a signal for her to walk in. She does so and ducks under my arm into the room. Her face immediately lights up.
Its crazy to think that this morning I was dreading a rude, obnoxious annoying teenager taking over my house when in reality she's quite sweet, she hasn't said anything out of place and she has manners which is one thing that's very important to me.

I break the silence.

"You like it?"

I already know she does, maybe she won't admit to it but I saw her face when she walked in. I chose this room for her I thought she would settle well.

"Thank you. It's really nice.."

Not much enthusiasm to her voice but she hasn't told me she hates it so I'll take that as she likes it.

"So you wanna speak about it yet, lady?"

She lets out a little giggle "Maybe another day dude."

"Alright, you got everything you need? I bought all of your things over here from your mothers they're in the closet."

She nods. Then stands there un composed and awkward stroking the side of her arm like her life depended on it. Sweet.

What the fuck am I even thinking?
I never have any kind of talk with anyone never mind a rebellious teenager. She doesn't want to speak? Fine. Easier for me to deal with. Silence. just what I like.