Chapter 40 - "Secrets and scars"

"Hello? Who's down there?"
The voice is extremely close, they're already through the first basement door and nearing quickly.

My fucking mother.

Shit...

"Hunt..." I gasp.
He pulls himself out of me and stares deep into my eyes.

"It's time baby. She's about to find out." He whispers.

"What?"  Just as the word leaves my mouth the door opens..
but closes again just as quick.

She's walking in the opposite direction.

"Shhh." He whispers placing a finger onto my lips just as I'm about to open my mouth. Her footsteps get fainter, until they eventually can't be heard anymore.

Just as I'm about to get down off of the bar he pushes me back in my tracks. "Baby, why don't you want her to know? I thought that's what you wanted?"

Is it? Is it what I want? I don't know what the hell I want anymore. My heart nearly burst out through my chest when she was just about to find us here, together... like this. I shouldn't be bothered but I am. She's still my mother and for the first time I feel genuine guilt. She's a monster, I know she's a fucking monster. But she's the monster that gave me life. I want to hate her, I do in a sense but not completely. That's impossible.

"Maybe, now isn't the time? what happened to your plan?" I ask, he rubs his hand through his hair in frustration.

"I want you, I'm going to have you and believe me when I tell you I will do anything to make it happen, you understand me, lady?" I nod. There's not much I can say because he's sure. His voice tells me everything. I believe everything he says.

"Get dressed baby, before she comes back."

************

Flaking down my clothes, neatening myself up. He's stood staring at me, not a usual stare. He looks bothered by something..

"Are you ok?" I question. He's not ok, I can see he's not ok but he will tell me it is anyway because that is Hunter..

"No, I'm not, but I will be. Now come here and let me taste you one last time before you leave." He orders. Hunter just actually admitted he isn't ok. That's a first... I wonder what's bothering him now?
I giggle and make my way over to him. He grabs me by my waist and pulls me into him. His lips don't near mine whatsoever, he just holds me. "Hunte.." I start, but he shuts me off with a "Ssshh baby."

Pure bliss. Just me and him. I wish this is how it could be every single day.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!"

I turn my head as quickly as my neck will allow.

Mom.

I pull myself out of Hunters chest and stare at her, searching her eyes for a clue to what she's thinking. But she gives me nothing. I want to look at Hunter, he's my safe place. I have to look at him, he needs to give me "the look" to tell me it's going to be OK. But I can't take my eyes away from hers..

"Sharon." Hunter grunts in his sexy husky voice. He's pissed, I love it when he's pissed it's so hot.

What am I even thinking? My Mom just caught us in an embrace... in a room she didn't know existed, yet Hunter's made me hot? That bastard has that affect on me in any kind of situation. Damn him..

"What the hell is going on? what's wrong with her? and what the fuck is this place?" She says calm as fuck.
She doesn't know what just happened here, and I'm 90% sure she doesn't suspect it either, she's just not mad enough. That bitch is crazy with a capital C and she's calm as hell right now...