Chapter 57 - "Deals And Dignity."

G

This whole situation is fucked. Now sat in his car, he's speeding like a crazy mad guy. Who can blame him though? He's just found out that not only does he have a brother - that bother is also Rylee's brother. So although they aren't related it's still kinda fucked up.

"Where we going?" I assume we're going to wherever Rylee is? But I think he should be confronting her mother instead to be honest but hey, it's not me. I don't know how the fuck I would react if I found out Rylee and I shared a brother. Shit when I think of it like that? Wow.
Yeah, nah I'd be crazy mad.

"He can't get to her, he can't. This will fuck her up..." and it will, beyond fucked up. When will she get a break? There's always something for her to deal with... it's just not fair.
But she's not my problem anymore is she?
But I'm still here, in a fucking motor with Hunter of all people. For HER! Fuck, why's she so embedded into my fucking mind.. my heart. I'll never understand.

"So where we going? And I know man, she's had enough to deal with. This is fucked..." Hunter is a guy that no one fucks with, even the times I've somehow found my bollocks and said something to him - I've been shitting myself inside because it's Hunter Stanley that guy is fucking insane. The stories I've heard about him? I can't even understand why or how Rylee can love him, but I guess that's the same as trying to understand why the fuck she seen anything in me, huh? I guess we're all fucked up in our own dark ways. Maybe she likes the danger? The dominance? Maybe one day I'll fucking understand?

H

I don't know why he's here with me, I don't know why I left that fucking hotel room! I don't know anything anymore, my Dad had a fucking affair? It makes me hate that cunt even more, I'm glad. I'm glad I did what I did. That bastard deserved it!

I can't imagine what will happen after Rylee finds out, but what I do know is that I have to be the one to tell her. I can't let someone else tell her, like the situation with Logan, she hated me for not being the one to tell her... I won't let that happen again. I won't.

He's talking to me and to be honest, it's going in one ear and out of the other. Not because I don't like the kid either, I can't concentrate. I can't think straight. Rylee is fragile no matter how tough she pretends to be, she's strong, fuck! She's the strongest person I know. But mentally? She's losing herself or at least she was but she's slowly building herself back up and the last thing I need is her to be brought straight back down to darkness again. She won't handle it - I don't know how this will go but as long as we have each other? We'll be ok.

Pulling up outside of the Hotel, my insides are twisting up and My body is shaking. How the fuck is this gonna go?

"What you want me to do?" I don't fucking know what I want from him, I don't know what he's doing here with me and I don't know why I haven't told him to shut the fuck up each time he's spoken a fucking word but I do know that he loves Rylee too. He did this for Rylee, he didn't need to tell me any of this. He could have just allowed me to get fucked over and lose everything, even though he didn't do this for me? I have a lot of sudden respect for this kid. Not that I'll ever fucking admit that...

"You can come inside too, she needs to hear everything from you." Did I just fucking say that?
Shit. Well I guess it's the right thing to do?

"I don't know if that's a good idea? Look man, I know we haven't seen eye to eye.. but I do love her, more than anything. I don't want to see her with you, I can't. I'd rather not put myself in that situation." You see, I should feel triumphant right now? I should feel like I've got the prize? I don't. I feel for him I really do. If she had have chosen him over me? How would I be reacting? Not like this, not mature like this guy. I'd have probably killed him to be honest. I wouldn't have been able to stop myself, I'd want him to hurt. But then that would have hurt Rylee? So she'd hate me?
Ah. Now I understand.
I get it, he helped me to help her, in a certain sense that makes him more of a man than me.