Maleficent's Plan

We walk into Maleficents lair (and Mal's home), Bargain Castle, to see our parents. I see papa from a cross the room so I purr. Papa has taught me everything I know about tigers and what sounds they make. I make a very convincing tiger. Maleficent sits down and starts to file her nails while she tells us her plan.

"You will go. You will find Fairy Godmother and you will bring back the magic wand." Maleficent stops filing her nails and she blows on them. She looks at us. "Easy peasy."

"What's in it for us?" Mal asks.

"Matching thrones, hers-and-hers crowns." Maleficent smirks.

"Um, I...I think she meant us." Carlos seems scared to talk to her. Who can blame him? Mal motions to us five.

Maleficent throws the nail filer over her shoulder and she brings Mal closer to her. "It's all about you and me, baby. Do you enjoy watching innocent people suffer?"

"Well, yeah. I mean, who doesn't-" Mal smiles.

"Well, then get me the wand!" Maleficent shouts. "And you and I can see all that and so much more. And with that wand and my scepter, I will be able to bond both good and evil to my will!"

"Our will." The Evil Queen corrects her. We all look at her.

"Our will, our will." Maleficent corrects herself. She snaps her fingers and me, Mal, Evie and Carlos look at her. I can feel the presence of Jay standing a few steps behind me. "And if you refuse...you're grounded for the rest of your life missy."

"Wha-mom-" Mal tries to put up a fight but her mother shuts her. They have one of their little staring contests where their eyes glow green as they stare into each other's eyes. Me and my friends hope that Mal will win but she gives in. "Fine. Whatever." Mal sits down on the couch. I join her.

"Evie, my little evil-lett in training!" The Evil Queen shouts. Evie runs over to her. I chuckle.

"Shay, Come here and I'll do your makeup!" Evie smiles.

"Evie, you know I hate makeup." I roll my eyes. "Are you okay?" I ask Mal.

"I can't believe I just agreed to let us five move to Auradon." Mal slams her head into her hands and she rubs her forehead.

I sigh. "Look, we grab the wand and give it to Maleficent tonight. The sooner we get there, the sooner we can go home. We'll set up a plan tonight without any interruptions from Sandra and Zabella. In Auradon, I heard they have ham pizza. Who doesn't love meat?" I shout. Mal chuckles. "Come on, M. Us five are the ultimate gang. As long as we have each other, we can do anything." I smile.

Mal looks at me and smiles. "Thanks Bengal. I needed that."

"Shayla!" Papa shouts.

"I'll be back. Think about power." I run over to my papa and he sits me on the floor.

"Shayla, do you know why I adopted you?" He asks me.

My heart drops. "Wait, wait, wait, wait...you adopted me?" I say loudly. Everyone in the room looks at us. "And just before I move away to a place you could never visit me, you tell me I'm adopted?"

"Have I not told you before?" Papa asks.

"Clearly not!" I stand up.