Spirit Day

Me, Mal and Evie arrive on the Tourney Team field for cheerleading practice.

"I can't believe I let you guys talk me into doing this!" Mal looks at me.

"Cheerleading is really fun once you get into it." I smile.

"What happened to: sure, best friends. Anything for you." Evie smiles.

"That was before I knew it would involve pompoms." Mal doesn't understand the fun of cheerleading.

"Hey! Pompoms are fun!" I smack Mal.

"Forget about the pompoms and focus on the super awesome outfit we made." Evie looks at my outfit. It's full of spikes and little spots of black.

"It is pretty wicked, isn't it? I think that all cheerleading outfits should have spikes." Mal flicks her spiked armband.

Ben walks up to us. "Wow! You look great! I'm so glad, you're doing this."

"You know me. Anything to show my school spirit." Mal's changed a lot.

Jay walks up to us. "Does Spirit Day involve hitting people?"

"No." Ben says.

"Stealing?"

"No. But feel free to put these ideas in the suggestion box."

"Will do!" Jay runs away.

"Add pouncing to the box for me!" I call to Jay.

"Got it, beautiful!" He calls back to me. I blush.

"You have a suggestion box?" Mal asks Ben.

"No." Ben smiles.

"You lied to keep him from bugging you?"

"Well, I-"

"I have never been more into you."

"Okay. I'll see you out there." Ben walks away.

Audrey gives us a sheet with lyrics to the cheer. "So you, guys, know the cheer?"

"Sort of." I shrug.

"You just gave it to us." Mal looks at Audrey.

"Everyone knows the cheer. We do it every year." Audrey starts demonstrating the cheer. "F-I-G-H-T. What's that spell? Fight, fight, fight!"

"Is it just me-" Evie looks at us.

"Or does this cheer sound exactly like that spell that my mum used to say to us when we were kids?" I know what they're on about.

"I cheered it at the first Tourney game the boys were in." I smile.

"That was totes cute." Evie nudges me.

"How did that go?" Mal remembers. "B-I-T and E! What does that spell?"

"Bite, bite, bite!" Me and Evie say.

"Speak no words will cause a fright. What's a bark without a bite?" Everyone around us turns into dogs. Well, they start to act like them. Shit! Me and Mal run over to Carlos. I'm not a dog because I've got the eye of the tiger deep within me.

"Carlos!" I hug him. "Thank goodness!" Mal starts to speak to Carlos.

"You accidentally turned everyone into dogs and you want me to help you use your spell book to reverse it?" Damn, Carlos.

"Freaky." I sit next to him. Mal continues to speak dog.

"Of course I speak dog. I'm Cruella's son!" Carlos smirks at me. Mal looks at me.

"I'm part tiger. The opposite of a dog." I roll my eyes.

"But why don't you just spell them back?" Carlos asks. Mal growls. "Right! You can't because all you can do is bark." Carlos spots Jay. We Bohr stand up. "Sorry, Mal, but opportunities like this don't happen every day." He runs over to Jay with me. "Hi, Jay! Roll over! Play dead. This has to go on the record." Mal walks over to him as I smack him. "Down, girl. Heel! Fine. Give me the spell book." Mal gives Carlos the book. "Page forty three, got it. Here it is...bark-woof-bark-bow-wow-bark-grrr." Mal does what Carlos just said and everyone turns normal.

"Hey!" Jay stands up. I side hug him.

"Hi...guys." Carlos giggles nervously.

"Jay, you know how I said Spirit Day shouldn't involve hitting people?" Ben smirks.

"Yeah?" Jay glares at Carlos.

"I changed my mind." Ben smiles and Jay starts to chase Carlos around the field. I smile.