Chad's Cape

Me, Evie, Chad, papa and Doug are in Evie's dorm. Evie's making a cape for Chad.

"What about peacock feathers? Yeah, I bet you nobody's gonna have those at Cotillion." Chad smiles.

"What if someone does?" I look at him.

"I'll end up looking better than them. Were you planning on wearing peacock feathers?" He asks me.

"No. I'm thinking tiger fur to represent my parents." I look back at my drawing of me in an all tiger fur ball gown.

"Chad, when I look at you, all I can think of is..."king."" Evie smiles. Chad gasps. "And fake fur."

"Uh-huh." Chad nods.

"Fake fur says it all." Evie straightens the cape.

"Loud and clear." Doug looks at Chad.

Jay stands in the doorway. "Amphitheater in five!"

"Hey, pumpkin." I smile at him.

"Hey." He smiles at me.

"Why did the coach make him captain instead of me? I'm obviously better. "King Chad," though. I do rather like that. You know who else would like that?" Chad asks us.

"Who?" Evie keeps on playing with the cape.

"Audrey." Chad smiles.

"She would."

"Chad, let's go." Jay leans into the doorway. Chad grabs his stuff. Evie takes the cape as he walks away. Jay walks away with Chad who looks like he's going to cry.

"Not a lot of there there." Evie and Doug say together.

"Someone's obviously having some trouble dealing with his break-up with Audrey." Evie says.

"Audrey's gotten over him." I sigh.

"Yes. I've been doing the numbers." Doug smiles.

"Yeah?" Evie walks over to him. I do the same.

"And after we collect from all the girls for their gowns and Chad's cape." Doug shows Evie the amount of money she'll gain.

"Wow! No wonder people work. What am I gonna do with all this money?" Evie asks us.

"That's up to you." I side hug her.

"I think in the next few years, you could buy that castle you always wanted. That way, you wouldn't need a prince." Doug places his hand on top of Evie's.

Evie does the same to his hand. "You're right, I don't. Because I have you."

I put both of my hands on theirs. "And I'm gonna throw up from all of this romance."

"Oh shut up. You're Jay's girl." Evie walks away. "Still going to fencing practise?"

"Why wouldn't I? Jay and Carlos want me to." I smile and take a few steps back.

"It's nice to know that they've picked the right girl." Doug smiled at me.

"You say it as if I have two boyfriends." I chuckle.

"You're not that pretty." Time walks in.

"Hey, buddy." I hand hug him.

"Time!" A little girl walks in.

"I need to talk to you." Time brings me and the girl outside. Papa follows us. "Will you babysit my little sister? My dad's busy. It's only for the day. I'm taking her home after school. Please, Shayla."

"No!" I slap him.

The girl points to one of those bug zappers. "Time, what's that thing doing?"

"It's electrifying the moths and taking them to a special place, Tiff." Time hugs her.

"Where's it taking them?" Taylor asks.

"Hell." I walk away.

"Shay, don't say that!" Time tells me.

"Oh, sorry! Not hell, Mexico!" I smile. I walk back into Evie's dorm.

"Where've you been?" Evie asks me.

"Time wanted me to babysit his sister." I sigh. "I need to find Mal." I run out of the dorm.