Carpet Jacked

We are waiting for Jay and Carlos to arrive.

"Where are they?" I groan. "Jay said he's wearing a suit for me and that's he giving me a treat in the janitors closet."

"Hickey night for Shayla Khan." Jordan smirks.

"Don't worry, guys. I am sure that Jay and Carlos will be here any minute." Mal looks at me.

"You said that fifteen minutes ago." Allie tells her.

"I'm sure they're just around the corner. I just hope that corner isn't on the other side of Auradon." Evie smiles.

"How big is this carpet they're picking us up in?" Audrey asks. "I don't do crowded."

"Oh, it's a mid-size, so we'll be fine. But from what I heard about Jay, I'm sure it's stolen." Jordan makes me growl.

Out of the five VK's I'm friends with, Jay and Carlos are my ultimate best mates. I do care for Freddie, Mal and Evie, it's just, Jay and Carlos treat me like a friend and they don't shut me out. They let me be who I want to be. I am a tomboy and Jay and Carlos make me feel comfortable around them. I don't feel comfortable when it comes to girl talk and I can always rely on the boys for happiness.

"Jay doesn't steal...much." Mal looks at Audrey.

"We're going to be riding in a stolen carpet?" Audrey gasps.

"All right! This party just got interesting." Freddie smiles at me.

"What's the wind situation like on this carpet? Should I be worried about my hair?" Audrey asks so many questions.

"No, because I packed hair helmets for everyone. I designed them myself!" Evie shows us pink helmets. Ew!

"I take back everything bad I ever said about you." Audrey smiles.

"What did you say about me?" Evie asks.

"Nothing!" Audrey...should I bother with my questions?

"Bravo, ladies! Superbly sweet moment. But since Carlos and Jay are a no-show, we need to figure out how to get to the party straight away. Do you have a spare magic carpet?" Allie asks Jordan.

"Hey, Jay and Carlos are my best mates. Stop talking trash!" I growl. "I'm still a tiger."

"Oh, because I'm a genie who lives in a lamp, I automatically fly around on an old rug?" Jordan looks annoyed.

"She didn't pass her carpet driver's test." Audrey whispers to Evie.

"I'm taking it again next week. Thirteenth time's the charm." Jordan giggles.

"Jane, you're all magical now. Can't you whip us up a ride?" Allie asks Jane. What is it with AK's and interviews?

"Hey, I can help." Mal offers.

"No offense, Mal, but the VKs are clearly not coming through today. Sorry." Allie says sweetly. Saying "no offence" doesn't make the situation better.

"That's all right." Mal smiles.

"Normally, I would let you help out, but whenever you get involved it leads to disaster. No offense."

"Okay?"

"It's because you destroy everything you touch. No offense."

"So, do you know what "no offense" means? 'Cause I'm starting to take some."

"Please don't take it that way. It's only I don't trust you, no off...sorry."

"I can ride us there. I mean, I am a tiger-human hybrid because of my mama and I'm stronger than my papa who is stronger than an elephant's weight. I'm as fast as Grease Lightning." I smile.

"No!" Everyone shouts at me.

"Just trying to help." I stand in the doorway.

"Jane, what do you say? Can you bibbidi bobbidi us up some transpo?" Ally looks at Jane.

"Oh, I-I don't know if I can do-" Jane needs more confidence.

"No presh, but if I don't get to the party soon, I am going to die." Audrey walks over to Jane.

"What about Lonnie? Can't she pick us up?" Evie asks.

"She went early to set up the DJ equipment, but I'm sure I can try something magical." Mal tries. I feel so sorry for her.

"Jane, let's see what you've got." Jordan ignores Mal.

"Uh, well, I'm really very new to this whole magic thing. Uh...Bibbidi bobbidi!" Jane looks at the road. A gourd appears in the road. "Whoa."

"That's a vegetable." Freddie says.

"Well, it's a gourd." Jane tries to enlighten the mood,

"Gourd! Just...does it fly?" Allie should be an interviewer.

"That won't do. I get car-sick on flying pumpkins." Evie...that doesn't make sense.

"It's not a flying pumpkin!" Yeah, it's a gourd.

"Oh, so we're heading to the party in some sort of pumpkin boat." Allie seems happy.

"It's not a boat."

"A pumpkin took-took?"

"No!"

"Pumpkin trolley?"

"No!"

"Pumpkin roller skates, then."

"I can't be seen in that. Pumpkin clashes with my eyes." They do clash with Audrey's eyes.

"Yeah. I don't think that will help me get more viewers for my web show." Is that all Jordan cares about?

"Guys! Let Jane do her thing. Go ahead, Jane." Mal stands up.

"Thank you! Like Cindy's pumpkin carriage, a legend to us all...an even sweeter ride shall take us to the Neon Lights Ball!" The pumpkin turns into an orange car.

"Sweet ride!" Evie smiles.

"Wait, this veggie car is carb dried. I'm not going to get nasty grease seeds on my dress, am I?" Audrey is so vain.

"Nope. All clear. And it's green. Runs on vegetable oil!" Jane...it's nice to know that you're smart. Everyone walks towards the car.

"Great! We'll all show up to the party smelling like salad dressing." Jordan scoffs.

"Nice work, Jane. You know I couldn't have done it better myself." No, Mal!

"Oh, it's nothing. Just bending the laws of the universe. It's by my mother's forbiddance!" That's nice...not.

"I can't believe that Carlos and Jay flaked." Mal says to me and Evie.

"Stop talking about them! They're my blood brothers!" I shout.

"I know. And we've been working so hard to get people on our side!" Evie looks at me.

"If you ladies don't get in here, I'm gonna turn into a pumpkin." Please, Audrey, please!

"That doesn't even make sense." Jordan tells her.

"Your hair doesn't make sense!" We all get into the car. Well, all except me.

"Coming, Shay?" Evie asks me.

"I have paws and the speed of a cheetah. I am not riding in that." I point to the car.

"You will regret it." Audrey scoffs.

"Imma beat you in a race. I'll give you a ten second head start." I smile.

"You're on!" Audrey drives the car away. I wait ten seconds and I run on all fours.