Fencing

Jay had asked me to go to fencing practise so I leg it to the amphitheater. Luckily, I've just finished my last customer. Lonnie is with Jay.

"Hey, kitten." Jay hugs me.

"Hey, prince." I smile at him.

"Just, wait here." Jay hands me a note. "This is from Time." I read it. It read "I'm asking Lonnie to cotillion." Yes! Me and Jay smile at each other before he leaves.

"Let's bring it in, boys!" Jay demands. The team circles Jay. "You all know I come from the Isle, right, where things are whack." Jay chuckles. "No, but there is one thing the Isle's got on Auradon. If you're strong, we want by our side...boy or girl." This is why I prefer the Isle over Auradon.

Chad scoffs. "Jay, hold on here. We don't...we don't break rules here in Auradon. That's over on the Isle."

Jay shows Chad the rule book. "A team will be comprised of a captain and eight men." Oh snap. "So, uh...give it up for your new team captains." Jay looks at me and Lonnie. We walk out. "Lonnie will be the captain and Shay will be second in command. We must listen to both of them. Since Shay's a tomboy, she's allowed on the team. I had a persuasive talk with the coach." Jay gives Lonnie the whistle for the captain.

"Thank you." Lonnie smiles. Everyone claps and bows.

"Fine." Chad finally gives in and bows.

Lonnie blows the whistle. "Give us ten. Come on, guys." The boys start doing push ups. Lonnie stands on Chad. "Pick it up, Chad. Nice form, Jay." She blows the whistle again. "Ok, practise is over. Get out of here. Go get ready for cotillion." The boys spill out.

"Jay, Carlos, Bengal, wait for me." Time tells us. I nod at him and I stand in the entrance to the amphitheatre with Jay, Carlos and papa.

"Why does Time want us to wait for him?" Carlos asks me.

"He wants to ask Lonnie to be his date for cotillion." I smile. "Fingers cross he doesn't mess it up."

"He won't. He's Time." Jay kisses my cheek. We hear Time and Lonnie coming so we hide. I dig out a mirror from my bra and I angle it so we can see them.

"Hey, Lon?" Time stops her.

"What's up?" Lonnie asks him.

"I was just hoping if you would...if you would like to be my date for cotillion and my girlfriend." Wow. Time said that last part really fast.

"You want me to be your date for cotillion and your girlfriend?" Lonnie sounds happy. "I would love to."

"Really?" Don't blow it now, Time.

"Yes. I'll see you tonight." Lonnie kisses his cheek and she walks away. We wait for her to leave.

I jump out of my hiding spot in front of Time. "You did it!" Time screams.

"Jesus, Tiger." Time shoves me.

"You did it!" I hug him.

"It feels amazing to get it out of my system." Time smiles.

"You did it!" Carlos jumps to Time.

"Would you two shut up?" Time rolls his eyes.

"No." I smirk.