Steal Away

Me, Evie, Jay and Carlos are in Evie's room. Me and Jay are sitting on Evie's bed cuddling. Evie and Carlos are siting at the end of the bed.

"What's wrong with Mal?" Evie asks for the millionth time.

"If we knew, we would've told you." I groan.

"It just doesn't make any sense. She's our sister, why is she acting like this?" Jay looks at Carlos. I groan.

"Maybe she's homesick." Carlos shrugs.

"Maybe." Evie sighs. There's a knock at the door so I groan and answer it. It's Jane. "Jane?"

"I need to talk to you about Mal." Jane says nervously. I let her in.

"What's up?" Carlos stands up and walks up to me. He wraps an arm around my shoulder. Jay wraps an arm around my waist and Evie stands next to him. We all look at Jane.

"She's at the museum." Jane looks at them. I laugh for a moment.

"That doesn't make any sense." Jay sits down on Mal's bed.

"We'll just have to wait for Mal to get back." Evie sighs.

"One thing's for sure, I'm not moving until she does." Carlos leans up against Evie's bed. Mal walks in.

"M, what were you doing at the museum?" Evie asks Mal.

Mal laughs. "Evie, look at me. Do I look like I would be in a museum?" Mal walks up to Evie.

"I followed you. I saw you there!" Jane says. Mal faces Jane. Jane runs outside the room.

"Damn, Jane. She can run fast." I mumble.

"Mal, it's me. I just wanna help." Evie places a hand on Mal's shoulder.

"Leave me alone!" Mal turns around and her necklace snaps off her neck. It shatters on the floor, revealing a green jewel.

"Your jewel!" Evie picks it up. Jay and Carlos stand up properly. "Where did you get this?"

Mal's eyes glow green. "That is mine!" Mal goes to snatch it, but Evie throws it to me. "Shay!" She growls.

"You want it? Come and get it." I dangle it in between my thumb and index finger. Mal runs to me but I throw it to Jay. Mal runs to Jay.

"Sorry, Mal. Can't let you have it." Jay dangles it out the window with the jewel in his hand while keeping Mal back with his free arm.

"What is going on?" Mal asks.

"You were being rotten to the core." Evie says.

"I was?" Mal looks at me.

"As in welcome to my wicked world." I say. "I'm rotten to the core, core. Rotten to the core." I sing.

"Hey, the jewel! What if it's cursed?" Carlos walks up to Jay.

Jay smirks. "Let's see here-evil. Good. Evil. Good. Evil. More evil. Good. Evil. Good. Evil. Evil. Good. Evil. Good." Jay makes me laugh as he shows Mal the jewel in, um, interesting ways.

"It is the jewel. Maleficent must have cursed it years ago." Evie takes the jewel.

"And hid it in that necklace." Jay adds.

"Freddie gave me that." Mal says from her seat in a blue chair.

"Never knowing it contained a jewel that turned you into a raging she-witch!" Carlos is being a bit over-the-top.

"What are you guys even talking about? What did I do?" Mal asks.

"Well..." Evie looks at us. I nod my head towards Mal. "You crashed our rehearsals for the Jewelbilee."

"You switched our words and forced us to dance." Jay sighs.

"You went to a museum." Carlos shakes his head.

"And you made bubbles from Evie's experiment that ruins stuffs when they pop." I smile. "One of my most favourite days."

"Wow. That is horrible. Evie, please don't be mad at me." Mal looks at Evie.

"Of course I'm mad at you. You're my best friend and you don't treat best friends like that." Evie turns around and walks away.

"I am so, so sorry." Mal walks towards her.

"But I also knew it wasn't you. All along. I knew." Evie grabs Mal's hands.

"E, thanks for believing in me." Mal and Evie hug.

"Mal's okay!" Carlos cheers.

"And Auradon's back to normal!" Jay looks at me. I run up to him and we hug. Me and Jay let go of each other with one arm.

"Mal." Mal looks at me. "How about the other three people who care about you?" Mal giggles.

"All of you mean the world to me." Mal walks over to the boys. "I would never have thought that two of my best friends would be boys. I am so happy I have met you two." Mal is pulled into a hug by Jay. That surprises me. Carlos also hugs her.

"Aw, come on! I knocked out my dad for you, Jay, Evie and Carlos!"

"Shay, I am so happy that you turned your dad into a cat for us. You will always be one of us." Mal smiles at me.

"Thank you!" I hug her.

"Long live good." Mal sighs a happy sigh. The others cheer.

"I guess." I look out the window.

"Shay?" Jay seems concerned.

"It's nothing. I'm just half good, half bad. I'm probably full bad blood because I'm adopted and I came from the Isle." Why can I be a normal kid?