The Night Is Young

I arrive at the ball. I see Ben talking to Lonnie so I go to talk to them. We have to shout over the music.

"Hey!" Ben smiles at me. "Where are the others?"

"I raced them here! I ran like a tiger, gave them a ten second head start and I still beat them! Plus, I had to stop for a minute to call Jay and Carlos!"

"Shay!" Evie hugs me.

"Fair game!" Audrey says.

"Let's party!" Lonnie plays I'm Your Girl, Why Should I Worry, Streets Of Gold, Wildside, Cooties, It Takes Two and You Can't Stop The Beat.

At the end of the last song, Allie jumps onto the mic. "It's time for the crowning of the Neon Lights King and Queen! Ben and Evie!"

Evie is given a tiara and she looks at her phone. "Oh, the jewels on the crown totally match my eyes! I look so good!" She takes a selfie. "I don't even need a filter!"

"I know I'm new to the whole crown thing, but I don't think plastic jewels are supposed to poke you in the skull." Ben says to Mal. He takes off his crown.

"Beauty is pain." Mal smiles.

"And I'm gorgeous." Ben gushes.

"I know. I really am." Evie is so vain.

"And now, we invite our King and Queen to do a slow dance!" Allie smiles.

"Dance for me. I've got a date with some bling." Evie tells Mal. "Oh, crownie, I love you!"

"Did my queen just dump me for fake jewellery?" Ben asks.

"She sure did, but, hey! You gotta admit they do make a lovely couple." Me and Mal giggle.

"I'm going over there." I point to Jordan. I walk over to her group. "I hate romance."

"You're dating Jay." Jane says.

"Fine. I hate over-the-top romance." I smirk. Mal and Ben walk over to the front of the stage.

"Where is the music?" Mal asks.

"Maybe it's a really slow slow dance?" Ben suggests.

"Excuse us." Allie puts her hand over the mic. I run over to Lonnie. "Lonnie, what's going on?"

"Girl, not cool." I say.

"I don't know what happened. Nothing's working." She grabs a cord. "Someone cut the equipment cord!"

"Shit." I whisper.

"Uh, we're having some technical difficulties. Please hold. Someone cut the DJ cord!" Allie says tells Ben and Mal.

"What? Who?" Mal asks.

"Uh, don't worry. I'll sing for you. No, really, I mean it. No, no, no, guys, I insist. I got this. Seriously. Go on. Dance." Freddie grabs her guitar. "Shay, join me." I run onto the stage. "Where's your guitar?"

"Lon!" I shout. Lonnie throws me my guitar.

Freddie starts to sing. "Why you're standing over there? Acting like you just don't care? We can make our own kind of music. We might come from different worlds. Might not be your kind of girl. But I just wanna let go and loose it."

I play my guitar. "We are lost and found. So let's go turn the beat around. And maybe find a brand new sound. Let's turn it up right now."

We sing together. "Because the night is young. And it's just begun. Let's get it started, get it started. And go to the sun comes up. The night is young. The night is young. The night is young. And I wish that it would never end. I wish the song could play and play. Be who you wanna be and then. Just let the rhythm take you there. Because the night is young. And it's just begun. Let's get it started, get it started. And go till the sun comes up. Because the night is young. And it's just begun. Let's get it started, get it started. And go till the sun comes up. The night is young. The night is young. The night is young." Everyone cheers.

"Hit it, Lonnie." Freddie smiles at Lonnie.