Getting Mal Ready

I'm with the boys in their dorm. We're taking turns playing a game which we have to copy a dancing person on screen. Just Dance 2016 is the name, I think. I'm googling Bob Marley because I like his songs and he's such an inspiration.

"Whatcha doing?" Jay looks at Carlos's laptop screen.

"Googling Bob Marley. He's such an inspiration." I smile. "He says some powerful shit."

"He's ok. You like Reggae music?"

"Well, yeah. I love love love Bruno Mars. Some of his songs are Reggae." I google Bruno Mars Lazy Song. "He's my favourite singer."

"Here's one I think you'll like." Carlos hands me the remote. I start to dance and it's Uptown Funk.

"I love this song." I smile widely.

"Uptown Funk it up!" Carlos claps.

"This is awesome." I reach the highest star in the game.

"Woah." The boys stare at me in shock.

"That's my girl." Jay gives me a gentle kiss on my lips. I giggle.

"Get a room." Carlos laughs.

"Shut up, Carlos. You would like to kiss Jane, wouldn't you?" I tease him. He blushes.

"No." He lies. Of course he's lying. He always looks around the room when he's lying.

"Puh-leese. Your eyes are wandering again."

"Fine. So what if I like her?" Carlos sits down.

"It's cute." I smile.

"It's cute." The boys impersonate me.

"Shut up."

"Shut up."

"Stop it!"

"Stop it!" They laugh. I smirk.

"Shay's the prettiest girl around."

"Shay's the prettiest girl around...wait." I pounce on them and we wrestle. Evie walks in with Mal.

"Hey, guys." I smile at them as I give Carlos a wet willy.

"I need help." Mal pulls me to my feet. "Ben's asked me out on a date."

"I'm your girl." I smile. Me and Evie walk with Mal to her dorm. I look through her wardrobe as Evie gets her makeup ready.

"Nervous much?" Evie asks Mal.

"What if he finds me ugly?" Mal sighs.

"He won't. He's under a spell." I giggle as I pull out a purple dress for her.

"He can still find me ugly."

"He won't." Evie reassures her.

"And you're our best friend." I pull out some boots, a leather jacket and a scarf for her. Mal gets dress and Evie starts applying makeup to her.

"Give me some more quotes." Mal tells me.

"He breaks your heart, I'll break his face."

"I like that." Mal smiles.

"If someone were to hurt you in anyway, I can make their death look like an accident." I crack my knuckles.

"Keep on going." Evie makes Mal close her eyes.

"If he even so call calls you his best friend, I'll need some baby powder because I will slap a bitch." I say.

"That's funny." Mal chuckles.

"You mean a lot to me, Evie, Jay and Carlos, M. He mess with me, he mess with you, he mess with you, he mess with me, he mess with both of us, bitch better pray 'cause all five of us will make his death look like suicide." We smile at each other.

"Okay. Easy on the blush. I don't want to scare him away. Not that I could." Evie is applying blusher to Mal.

"Please. My mom taught me how to apply blush before I could talk. Always use upward strokes." Evie makes us smile.

"My mom was never really big on makeup tips. I never had a sister." Mal lets Evie apply lip balm to her lips.

"Well, now you do."

"You have two sisters and two brothers." I say to Mal.

"We're going to need all the family we can get if we don't pull this off. My mother's not a barrel of laughs when she doesn't get her way. Just ask Snow White." Evie makes me chuckle.

"Are you afraid of her?" Mal asks.

"Sometimes. Are you afraid of your mom?"

"I just really want her to be proud of me. She gets so angry with me when I disappoint her. And sh...yeah, she's my mom, so I know she loves me...in her own way."

"Moving on. Come see." Evie smiles.

"Are we done?"

"Yeah." Evie drags her to their mirror. I walk behind Mal as Evie places her head and hands on Mal's shoulders. I grab Mal's arm.

"Oh."

"I know."

"I look..."

"Say it."

"Not hideous."

"Not even close." There's a knock on the door. Mal opens it to see Ben with two helmets.

"For the first time, I understand the difference between pretty and beautiful. I hope you like bikes." He gives Mal a helmet.

"Ben." Ben looks at me. "Just saying, Mal means a lot to me, Evie, Jay and Carlos. You mess with me, you mess with her, you mess with her, you mess with me, you mess with both of us...bitch, you better pray and run 'cause all five of us will make your death look like suicide."

"I won't damage her. I promise." Ben leads Mal away.

"Good job on the outfit." Evie gathers her stuff.

"Thanks." I help her.

"Want to visit the boys?"

"It's whatever's." We link arms and we walk to the boys. Evie knocks and Jay let's us in.

"Did you do it?" He asks us.

"Let's just say that your girl found Mal the perfect outfit and I made her look prettier." Evie smiles. "Just Dance?"

"Want a go? It's fun." Carlos hands Evie the remote.

"Cool." Evie selects a song. It's Fancy by Iggy Azelea and Charlie XCX. I really like that song. When it comes to rapping, we are the best rappers around. Not even Mal's rival can beat us in a rap battle. We take turns dancing for about an hour. Mal soon comes back, wet and cold.

"M?" We all rush to her.

"I thought Ben had drowned so I went to find him in the water. He was alive, but I almost drowned." Mal shivered.

"It's ok." I give her my jacket. The boys do the same. Evie isn't wearing one.

"Thanks." Mal yawns.

"Rough day?" Carlos asks. She nods.

"I'm going for a nap." Mal walks back to her dorm.