The Jungle Part Three

I wake up to the sound of the Jungle. I wake up papa and he yawns loudly causing the others to awake.

"Morning, kitten." Jay kisses my cheek.

"Morning, pudding." I hug him before I change into some clothes.

The others do the same and we walk outside for breakfast

The others do the same and we walk outside for breakfast. They wear the same clothes from our first day at Auradon Prep.

"Good morning, students." Fairy Godmother walks up to us.

"Good morning, Fairy Godmother." We all yawn.

"Hello, Mr Khan." Fairy Godmother smiles at papa. I stroke him and I grab myself some sausages.

"Is that all you're hungry for?" Carlos smirks.

"Yes." I sit down at an empty table.

"Kitten, what's wrong?" Jay sits down next to me with his breakfast. The others join us.

"I can't stop thinking about what Louie said, pudding. He wanted the red flower. That's my greatest fear. I may be a man-cub, but that doesn't mean I can summon it." I shiver as I cut up my sausages.

"Why do the Jungle folks call children man-cubs?" Mal asks.

"Because we're man, we're deadly, we can kill whatever we want. We can carry more weapons than anything in the Jungle. We are young and wild animals. We're killers, savages, evil, we are the most deadliest animal alive." I finish my sausages.

"And why is fire called red flower?" Carlos pushes his empty plate away from him.

"Because it's beautiful and red. The animals believe that only humans can create the red flower. Nobody will call it by its proper name. Every beast lives under its fear and control. To us Jungle people, fire represents power and difference. You see, we believe that the fire is hungry and greedy. It will die if we don't feed it, but the animals are afraid to feed it." I sigh. I look at the other tables to see people whispering and pointing at me. Jay grabs my hand and rubs the back of it with his thumb.

"Don't listen to them, kitten." He tells me before he kisses the top of my hand.

"Children, we will be walking to the village in thirty minutes!" Fairy Godmother announces. Everyone starts talking a bit louder and I can tell it's about me. They're talking about my face...the face that shows me that I'm Shayla Khan. I start to sing the most powerful song I know.

"I am not a stranger to the dark. "Hide away," they say. "'Cause we don't want your broken parts". I've learned to be ashamed of all my scars. "Run away," they say. "No one'll love you as you are"." My friends smile at me. "But I won't let them break me down to dust. I know that there's a place for us, for we are glorious." I stand up with my hands in Jay and Carlos's. Mal and Evie join us. "When the sharpest words wanna cut me down, I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out. I am brave, I am bruised, I am who I'm meant to be, this is me. Look out 'cause here I come and I'm marching on to the beat I drum. I'm not scared to be seen. I make no apologies, this is me." I look at Audrey. Audrey and her gang also stand up.

"Oh-oh-oh-oh. Oh-oh-oh-oh. Oh-oh-oh-oh. Oh-oh-oh-oh. Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh." My friends stand in front of me.

Freddie walks over to me. "Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away 'cause today, I won't let the shame sink in."

"We are bursting through the barricades and reaching for the sun." I feel Jay squeeze me hand.

"We are warriors!" My friends shout.

"Yeah, that's what we've become." I lead them into an open space.

"Yeah, that's what we've become." My friends start dancing behind me. I join in.

"Won't let them break me down to dust. I know that there's a place for us for we are glorious!" We all pose before we start dancing again. "When the sharpest words wanna cut me down, I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out. I am brave, I am bruised, I am who I'm meant to be, this is me. Look out 'cause here I come and I'm marching on to the beat I drum. I'm not scared to be seen. I make no apologies, this is me. Oh-oh-oh-oh. Oh-oh-oh-oh. Oh-oh-oh-oh. Oh-oh-oh-oh. Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh."

"This is me." My friends carry on dancing. "Oh-oh-oh-oh."

"And I know that I deserve your love." I look at Jay and we smile.

"Oh-oh-oh-oh."

"There's nothing I'm not worthy of."

"Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh."

We pose again while I carry on singing. "When the sharpest words wanna cut me down, I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out. This is brave, this is bruised, this is who I'm meant to be, this is me."

The others start dancing again. "Look out 'cause here I come."

"Look out 'cause here I come!"

"And I'm marching on to the beat I drum."

"Marching on, marching, marching on!"

"I'm not scared to be seen. I make no apologies, this is me."

We all sing together. "When the sharpest words wanna cut me down, I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out."

"I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out." I smirk at Audrey.

"This is me." We pose once again.

"Bravo." Allie claps enthusiastically with a grin on her face.

"That was absolutely horrible." Audrey scoffs. "Nearly as horrible as your face." Papa jumps in front of me and growls.

"Papa, don't." I hold him back. He pounces onto Audrey. "No!" Everyone backs off and gasps. I pull him off of her. I look around me to see everyone pointing at me in disgust and shock. I start to cry and I run. I don't know where to, I just run. And I don't stop. Tears fall down my cheeks as I run. I let my hair fall in front of my half burnt face. I sit down on a rock and I adjust my hair so no one can see the burns and the white eye. I hide my face in my hands.