Chillin' Like A Villain

Jay parks where Evie tells him to park. We get out and I watch papa jump out. He purrs.

"Ben, help me with the turf." Carlos and Ben grab a sheet to cover up the limo. "Jay." Carlos throws one side to me, Jay and Evie. We all cover up the limo. Carlos and Ben grab the other sheet. Evie stops so she can look around us.

"I've got it." Jay straightens the sheet.

"It's really weird being back here." Evie tells me and Jay.

Jay looks behind him. "We'll get in and get out." He reassures her. Evie nods.

"My papa will protect us." I smile at Evie. Papa nudges Evie's arm so Evie strokes him.

"Jay." Carlos throws the sheet to us. We all cover up the limo. Ben walks over to a tunnel.

"Hey, what's in here?" Ben shouts up the tunnel. We run up to him.

"Ben." Carlos doesn't seem happy. Who can blame him! We're on the Isle of the Lost/Leftovers/Forgotten.

"You don't wanna know." Jay tells him.

"Guys, keep it chill, all right?" We all nod at Carlos. "The last thing we want is our parents figuring out we're here." We start to walk through the Isle. Jay holds my hand as I stroke papa with the other. As we're walking, people step out of the way for us. People stare at my half burnt face and white eye. Why is it so mysterious? Everyone on the Isle is unique.

"Shayla?" I turn around. My friends do the same. Scar and Zira are standing behind me with Sandra, Zabella and Zabella's older brother, Nuka.

"Hi, Scar. Hi, Zira." I smile at them. "This is still my papa." I watch papa nuzzle them.

"What are you doing back here with..." Sandra looks at Ben. "Is that king Ben?" She shouts. We shush her and pull her, Zabella and Nuka into a corner.

"Don't tell anyone. Mal is his girlfriend and we need to bring her back to Auradon. Please can we make peace?" I ask them.

"Do you promise to never make fun of us again?" Zabella asks us.

"Promise." We shake hands. I shake hands with Sandra.

"Your secret's safe with us." Nuka smiles.

"Shay." I look at Evie. "Let's go."

"Right." I look at papa. "Papa!" Papa runs over to us and we walk away. We walk in silence for a while.

"Hey." Me, papa, Jay and Carlos turn around. Two kids assault Evie. They grab her purse. Evie grabs their arms and her purse. "Stop." All three stop fighting. Evie looks at them. "Take it." She gives one of the kids her purse. "Go on." The kids run away and Evie looks at us. "Ugh, Ben." Ben's wondered off. We go to find him. We find him trying to shake hands with a man. Jay and Carlos walk up to the man and me and Evie pull Ben away. Carlos acts all tough to the man but Jay pulls him away. "Ben, stop."

"What?" Ben looks at us.

"This isn't a parade, it's the Isle." Evie tells him. "Shay, give him some advice." I'm so flattered.

"Do not show your weaknesses. If you want to live, stare at the people who stare at you with confidence." I dig my nails into papa's fur. "If you're gonna sing, show you mean business. It's no use just singing like an idiot." I swing an arm around his shoulder. "Challenge people a lot. Don't back out of any fight." I look at Jay and Carlos. "Word up." The boys smirk at me. I look back at Ben. "The last thing you want is for someone to think you're an AK." I look at the others. "I've ran out of advice."