Hooked On Ben

We are standing in a semi circle around CJ. I'm standing in between Jay and Carlos.

"Another VK in Auradon? Are you a pirate...do you have a hook?" Allie asks CJ.

"Only her brother has a hook." I tell her.

"Wait a minute. All of the bad things that have been happening around here, it was all you?" Mal asks CJ. Obviously!

"Oh, stop. You'll make a girl blush. Actually, I'm kind of offended that you didn't figure it out sooner." CJ looks at me. "Give a girl a hug at least." I hug her.

"Shayla!" The others shout at me.

"What? CJ and I were secret mates. We had Enrichment together." I smile.

"Where is Ben, CJ?" Mal asks. Carlos pulls me back.

"Wave hi, Benny!" CJ looks up. Ben comes down, tied up in ropes.

"Ben! Oh my gosh!" Mal tries to untie Ben.

"So, Malsie, what's first: storm a castle, take prisoners, maniacally laugh in people's faces?" CJ looks back at Mal. "Oh, we're going to free the hostages. Interesting choice, but you and your mum have always thought outside the box."

"CJ, why would you do this?" Mal asks CJ.

"Well, why wouldn't I? We're villain kids. It's what we do." CJ looks and points at Jane. "You really should lock your stuff away. Stealing that mascot uniform was like taking candy from a baby." She looks back at Mal. "And, Mal, framing you with the bracelet was just icing on the old cake. I tried ruining your party dresses, but it seems these two VKs have gone soft." CJ is referring to Mal and Evie. "They just had to...what is it you, Auradon kids, call it? 'Save the day'." I look at Carlos. He makes fun of CJ talking to much. Me and Jay chuckle. "Oh, and let's not forget the no-shows. I gotta hand it to you, Miss Bibbidi-Bobbidi, over here." CJ looks at Jane. "A pumpkin car? Not my thing. But you pulled it off." She looks at Jay and Carlos. "Stealing the carpet from you two was probably the most fun I'd had yet!"

"You stole the carpet?" Secret: Jay likes CJ. Well, used to. "Nice! You know, maybe we can meet up after your hostile takeover. You can give me some pointers. I mean, it won't be a date, but-"

"Quiet. I'm soliloquizing. And then, the grandest of them all: cutting that DJ cord, so our little Freddie could have her moment in the spotlight with Bengal. It was the least I could do as a thank-you for sneaking me into Auradon." CJ looks at Freddie.

"Freddie?" Mal asks.

"Surprise?" Freddie looks uncomfortable.

"You've been hiding CJ this whole time?" Mal says it like it's a bad thing.

"My two school mates in the same land we dreamed of. I love today!" I squeal.

"Babe, don't." Jay whispers.

"I can explain!" Freddie says.

"So can I. She was following orders. Freddie is my second-in-command." CJ walks to Freddie.

"Uh, no. We're partners." Freddie looks disappointed.

"Exactly. I tell you what to do and you do it. Partners!" CJ is dumb yet beautiful.

"Excuse me? I spent my whole life livin' in my dad's shadow. I'm not gonna live in yours too." No one fights CJ, Fred.

"I get it. My dad never let me steer the ship either. But we don't have to be like our parents." CJ can say some smart shit sometimes.

"Exactly! We make our own choices." Mal is still untying Ben.

"We can veer starboard on a squall together!" CJ really needs to speak English.

"Uh, translation?" Freddie asks.

"Partners? For reals!" CJ holds out her hand. Freddie shakes it.

"What?!" Mal sounds shocked.

"We're going to pillage and plunder together!" CJ is so happy.

"Freddie, I thought we were friends." Mal steps away from Ben.

Freddie walks over to her. "We are friends." Really? Freddie grabs Mal's hand.

"Then why are you pillaging and plundering?" Freddie takes her bracket. "Okay, that just sounds weird." Good call, Mal.

"Because her captain commands her to pillage and plunder." CJ says.

"Still sounds weird." Mal looks at CJ.

"Can we go back to you commanding me? That's not very partnerly." CJ interrupts Freddie.

"You're saying that like it's a bad thing." Uh, it isn't.

"Because it is." Oh. Ok, Jane.

"I know the AKs are lame-" Yes, Freddie!

"Excuse me?!" Treat others the way you want to be treated, Audrey.

"But at least they don't go back on their word." Freddie points to Mal. True...I think.

"I'm disappointed in you, Freddie. I thought you were badder than this. Looks like I'll have to be partner-less in crime." CJ hops on a magic carpet. "So long, squarest of them all!"

"I'm sorry about that. I guess for being kinda lame...Auradon is kinda cool. Do you forgive me? Are we...still friends?" Freddie asked Mal.

"If I didn't forgive every friend with a conniving stowaway, I wouldn't have any friends." Mal smiles.

"I don't think I'll ever understand you, people." Audrey rolls her eyes.

"Shouldn't we go after her?" Jane asks.

"I don't know." Mal looks at Freddie. "Freddie, are there any other surprises we need to know about?"

"Not for me." Freddie unties Ben.

"Well, then. Let's go after her tomorrow. She may be a criminal, but the bigger crime is wasting this awesome neon lights party. And I think we may know a little bit about crime. Right, Evie?" Mal looks at Evie.

"Right." Evie looks at me.

"I'm just happy CJ hasn't killed anyone." I lean into Jay. "She'll learn that Auradon is filled with opportunities. We can be whatever we want to be here. One day, we will be the happiest people in the land with hakuna matata. I can't say much for myself since my papa is still a kitten, but I know that I've got friends, blood siblings, and a man who loves me for me." I nuzzle the love of my life.

"Let's have a wicked good time! Group selfie!" Mal smiles. Allie takes a selfie with us. Jay brings me aside.

"Want that treat now?" He whispers in my ear before biting it gently. I moan softly.

"Perfect timing." I kiss him. He takes me to the janitor closet.