02 | radioactive

“I'm breaking in and shaping up,
Then checking out on the prison bus,
This is it, the apocalypse.”

02 | radioactive

•Olivia Hart•

As cliche as it sounds, I hate parties. Especially the ones that include my parents or relatives.

Because the moment I know that there will be relatives at a party, I know what is going to go down.

But it's not like you can really turn the party offer down with it's your own birthday...

Fuck my life.

"Oh my god! OLIVIA! Is that you, honey? Holly Molly! It's been so long!" My aunty Hannah, gushed as she squeezed me in one of her bone crashing hugs.

Awww, look at you, getting demonstrations already.

"You have grown up so much!" She gushed again.

What the fuck are you talking about, woman? You literally saw me last week. And the only thing I have managed to grow is that interval is my armpit hair.

And a little bit of moustache.

So you see I am brunette. So my facial hair don't naturally blend with my skin. And being a werewolf, I have a tendency to grow body hair quicker, which annoys me to no extent.

Sometimes I wonder if my wolf ever gets jealous of the amount of hair on my skin...

"So where is your mate?" She asked, looking around.

She knows I haven't found my mate. But she still likes to ask everytime. Just to rub it in.

This little B for Bitch.

"Haven't found one yet." I whispered lowly. The disappointment and sadness clear in my tone.

I have always to find my mate. After the dreamy stories I have heard about mates, after seeing how my parents are together, after seeing my school friends fall in love so easily— it was difficult not to hope.

And I was hopeful.

I know my mate will love me. And I will love him. That's what mates are supposed to be like, right?

Right?

•°•°•

I excused myself to get a drink. Aunt Hannah's annoying questions were suffocating me.

I mean, she is not exactly a bad person. But she is way to proud about herself and her family.

Her son is at a good post in the pack army and her daughter has gone of the state to study.

Perfect, right?

Well, that's what she thinks.

In reality, her son is running an underground gang in the pack and her daughter is too busy getting high on the New York streets.