30 | bodak yellow

“Said, "Lil bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to"
These expensive, these is red bottoms, these is bloody shoes
Hit the store, I can get 'em both, I don't wanna choose
And I'm quick, cut a n***a off, so don't get comfortable.”

---

30 | bodak yellow

- Katherine Paxton -

'I shouldn't feel guilty.' I told myself while stuffing a handful of potato chips in my mouth. 'It's not called hiding anything as far as it doesn't harm her, right?'

Kara, my wolf rolled her eyes at my antics and flipped me off with her tail.

Kara- 1, Kat- 0.

I sighed, and kept the potato chips on this side table. I should stop eating so much before I get fat.

My motivation to eat less lasted for a solid 10 seconds before my hand involuntarily stretched to snatch the packet back and I shoved another handful of chips in my mouth.

Again, not my fault. I thought while munching on my chips.

These chips seduced me.

<><><>

Okay, but seriously? Is it bad to hide from your best friend that you've found your mate?

Especially when you're doing it for their own good?

I guiltily looked at my phone and groaned. It's just a little white lie, why am I over thinking it?

'Because you are a wuss who can't lie to save a life,' Kara said, making a dramatic appearance, and this time I flipped her off.

Kara- 1, Kat- 1.

Quick quick, grab me my shades.

<><><>

How can I tell Oli that I've found my mate when she's struggling with her own? Won't she be sad? I can't tell her that I'm happy while she's not. It's not fair. It will hurt her.

I felt guilty for being happy when my best friend is not.

Frowning, I looked at my lap and my eyes watered as I remembered the first day I came back. She looked so sad. She had purple, tired dark circles, her eyes had lost their shine, she looked sullen and sad and I could tell she'd not been sleeping for a while.

It killed me to know that she was hurting and I couldn't do anything about it.

How could I when she refused to tell me what was wrong?

I didn't ask her though, I didn't want her to worry more. I trusted her to tell me when she was ready.

But she didn't tell me, Chance did. Which is okay. Especially for the fact that I got to beat the shit out of him.

'You called that beating,' Kara scoffed. 'He didn't even bruise.'

Kara - 02, Kat - 01.