74 | lose yourself

“You better lose yourself in the music,
the moment
You own it, you better never let it go You only get one shot,
Do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime.”

---

74 | lose yourself

-Olivia-

Patricia shifted as she was running towards her mate. The panic and impatience, almost desperation on her face was enough to tell me how much she loved her mate.

Afterall she has spent and invested so many years of her life in this hell hole just to find her. And now she finally has.

But her mate's in danger.

I have faith in her though. I know she'll be able to rescue her.

Halfway, I stopped and realised that I would be of little to no help if just go like this.

Because, I can't even shift right now. I can't​ feel my wolf. I don't know if she's there.

The thought and realisation pained my heart but I decided to swallow it and not concentrate on that for now.

I had to have some sort of weapon with me to counteract my lack of shifting abilities. Turning to the side and looking around me, I saw an injured— apparently dead, guard or warrior— whatever you'd like to call him. He was holding a sword in his hand.

I could just go there and pick that sword up. But the problem was that the sword was stained with blood. Like it had been used to stab someone.

I hate blood. The site of that made me nauseous. Chances were that the blood was on the handle of the sword too. I had all the reasons to not go there and pick it.

But then, I had some reasons to do that as well.

For me, those reasons weighed heavier than my reasons. I had promised myself to overcome my fears and come out of my comfort zone. I had killed a man, and I had decided to join a war. I was already doing so much to make myself stronger. Maybe this was the next time. Maybe moon goddess is setting stepping stones for me to go higher and higher till I become stronger than I aspire to be.

So I walked forward and took the sword in my hand. It was heavy. But what lay heavier on me was my conscious.

I knew, that this might not be something big in someone else's eyes. But for me, it was another step ahead.

<><><>

I ran back to where Patricia had ran only to see a Auburn wolf with white patches on fur and tail fighting with a brown wolf with black spots.

The Auburn one was definitely Patricia. I could tell that. She had red eyes too, because technically, she too, is a rogue.

Auburn meant loyalty and white meant kindness. Both suited her.

The two wolves fought back and forth and I didn't really see any need to interfere just yet because Patricia seemed to handling it quite well. I might even ruin things for her if I go at the wrong time, so I decided to stand a little close to them, but not too close. Just enough to be able to attack if needed.

My eyes averted to the side towards a rather tiny looking girl who had doe-eyes. She looked so thin and frail like she had not been fed for days. Her hands were bony and weak and her cheeks were shrunken. But she was still so beautiful. With big blue eyes and freckles running down her nose. But something about her made my blood run cold.