59 | not afraid

“I'm not afraid, to take a stand
Everybody
Come take my hand come
We'll walk this road together, through the storm
Whatever weather, cold or warm
Just letting you know that, you're not alone
Holla if you feel like you've been down the same road.”

---

59 | not afraid

-Olivia-

(A/N- in the last chapter, when Olivia passed out in the end, it wasn't because she's weak or spineless. But because her wolf was hurting and she drained all the energy from her. Also, the way she was practically choked added to the stress and lack of oxygen in her body, and she naturally passed out.)

---

T

he shrill sound of the departure bell woke me up and I opened to eyes to find myself in the same classroom I had passed out in.

Holding my head in my hand I tried to ease the throbbing pain that had spread through my skull and massaged my temples.

I felt exhausted and out of energy. My wolf was missing and I felt like I was no longer complete.

Grumbling in annoyance, I stood up just to stagger a bit.

I closed my eyes, leaning against the wall as I reminded myself that I was stronger than this. After seconds, I got my balance back and walked out of the classroom to see a sea of students exiting their classes as the school has ended.

I sneaked into the busy crowd and made myself a part of it. It was easier this way.

It kind of surprised me how I was knocked out for the better part of the day and no one noticed me.

Not a single teacher came in the classroom and no one cared to look at the CCTV footage of how a girl entered a classroom but never came back.

Classroom don't have cameras. But corridors do.

The security system of this place obviously sucks.

And it is in the custody of our pack. Cue the snort.

My ears filled with gossips and talks amongst the students as I could easily hear what they talked about because of my sharp, sensitive werewolf hearing.

"Do you know Mrs. Tristan farted in the 3rd period today in front of the entire class?" A random kid laughed. "Jesus, it smelled like rotten tomatoes in there."

"Are you kidding me? Stink bomb in the janitor's closet where a couple was making out? Man, they must have been real surprised."

The last one amused me a bit and I shook my head, chuckling, nearing the school doors.

"Rumor or not, I think that he has found his mate. I mean, it must suck to know that your mate had been dating your best friend the entire time. But the way they were looking at each other today, I think they're mates. Yup, this rumor seems true. Also—"

I didn't listen to their entire conversation as I was already out of the door by that time.

I didn't even bother to pick my bag from the lockers as I got out of the school in the sun.

The blazing rays of afternoon sun fell directly on my eyes but I didn't shield my eyes away from them. I didn't want to hide from reality anymore.

Stuffing my hands in the pocket of jeans I walked down the lane and took the long way home. I need the time to think.