24 | beautiful now

"Wherever it's going
I'm gonna chase it
What's left of this moment
I'm not gonna waste it
Stranded together
Our worlds have collided
This won't be forever
So, why try to fight it?"

23 | beautiful now

Olivia

"Don't ever think like that," he growled and hid his face in the crook of my neck. Breathing my scent, trying to calm himself down.

I sucked in a deep breath and patted his back awkwardly. Oh my my.

He seemed to be using my scent to calm his wolf down. It's common in werewolf community. Your mates scent is everything to you.

I could smell Chance's scent too. My senses weren't as developed yet. But for this close, I could smell him. It was very manly. Like spices. Something I couldn't quite place. But it was addictive.

Very addictive.

I found myself closing my eyes and wrapping my arms around him too, but before I could, the door of my room slammed open and chance was suddenly in front of me.

He hid me behind him and growled loudly, like he did a few minutes ago.

What's with him and this new overprotectiveness?

"Why are you hiding Livy from me, Chance?" A familiar voice said.

I gasped. Ryder!

I placed a hand on Chance's shoulder, trying to ask him to move but he didn't budge.

"Chance, I need to talk to Ryder." I told him.

He just growled, "No!"

I sighed. "Chance, I didn't ask you. I need to talk to Ryder."

If Chance was offended and angry at my disrespectful tone, he didn't show it as he moved.

Instead he grunted in annoyance and stood by my side.

Once, was out of my sight, I could finally see Ryder.

"Hi, Ryder," I smiled, awkwardly at Ryder. But he just frowned, as if asking me why chance was here.

Chance didn't get a hint though, he wrapped an arm around my waist, he pulled me to his side. His eyes looked at Ryder challengingly.

It was like marking a territory. I rolled my eyes.

Boys.

"How's Mark?" I asked Ryder because he didn't respond to my greeting.

Ryder's eyes turned to me and he smiled. "He's okay now,"

"All thanks to me?" I asked, grinning goofily.

Ryder snorted. "Yeah right. That, and you managed to hurt yourself."

Ryder's lips turned down into a frown at the sentence and I sighed.

"I'm sorry, Ray. I didn't know that would happen-"

"What are you guys talking about?" Chance suddenly asked and I looked at him to see a dark expression on his face.

"You came to the border and risked your life because he asked you?" He completed his sentence and I noticed how his eyes turned darker.

I bit my lip and looked down. I didn't want to answer that. I was scared of the consequences.

Chance took that as a yes and suddenly his entire body started shaking with anger and a ferocious growl left his throat.