11 | animals

“So what you trying to do to me,
It's like we can't stop, we're enemies,
But we get along when I'm inside you, yeah,
You're like a drug that's killing me,
I cut you out entirely,
But I get so high when I'm inside you.”

---

11 | animals

°Chance°

Lupus growled inside me because we knew why that was the reason that bastard drugged our mate.

But now he was captured and taken care of. And we had a in-heat mate to take care of.

My eyes wandered in the room to realize we had a hell lot of audience.

The men that had come in to see the commotion and to help us dispose Xander, were still in the room.

Most of them were unmated and I didn't miss the glint of lust in their eyes as they looked at Olivia, groaning and suffering on the bed.

That were all eyeing my mate with clear lust in their, some with dark eyes- meaning their wolf was in control- and I growled angrily.

I saw Reece too, struggling. His eyes were fixed at the ground and his palms were fisted. His jaw clenched and his eyes constantly changed colours showing that he was fighting with his wolf.

Being an alpha, his wolf instincts were the strongest, but it made Lupus and I happy that he was trying to control.

From the corner of my eyes I saw a Ryder hugging Olivia like his life depended on it and she hugged him back.

EXCUSE ME! WHAT. THE. HELL?

Something inside me snapped and in seconds, I had him by his neck, I pulled him off her and threw him against the wall.

Yes. I was extra violent today.

"DON'T TOUCH HER." I growled,
moving forward to hit him. Lupus was making me do this. He was livid as hell.

He didn't like the idea of any other man being near his mate when she was in heat.

But Ryder has Gamma blood— warrior blood— in his veins. He stood up too, and glared at me.

"What the fuck was that for, Chance?" He asked, his eyes turning black as his wolf took over.

"You—" I wanted to tell him that he touched my mate in her heat but Olivia's voice stopped me.

"STOP IT YOU TWO!" She yelled, pointing at us. "I am already having a headache. Don't add onto it. Just leave!"

Ryder's eyes turned back to their blue color and he looked at her in worry. "But, Liv—"

"Please, just leave..." She whispered.

Her voice was so broken that it kind of broke my heart to hear her talk like that.

If Ryder was taken aback, he didn't show it and left after a glare at me.

We were alone now.

Me and my mate.

'Good that they went,' Lupus purred, 'Now we can mark her and make her ours.'

'Lupus.' I said. 'Shut up.'

I stood next to Olivia's bed and looked at her as she laid in the bed, struggling.

She looked and was surprised to see me still there.