71 | backstabber

"Dealing with backstabbers,
there was one thing I learned
They're only powerful when you got your back turned
I yearned for the day that we
finally met again
So I can give him a taste of
his own medicine
He shed his skin, then
he promised to come clean
I took his butcher knife and
jabbed it into his spleen."

---

71 | backstabber

-Chance-

"Hello, Chance? This is Ryder. I am coming back, rightnow. Just a few minutes away from the pack. Where are you? Felt like there was something going wrong. Please tell that me I'm crazy and everything is fine. Is Olivia alright?"

"Ryder!" I replied to him, in a shocked voice.

I had never thought that I'd be happy to hear from this person in my life. Trust me when I say that I disliked him from the core of my heart. Not only because my mate seemed to have always liked him a bit more than me, but also because he was always more calm and composed than I am. The only time I remember him losing his temper was when it came to his mate, but other than that, he has always been the wise one.

But at this moment, it literally was like rain on my drought to hear from him. Because he seemed like the only person who'd be there for Olivia no matter what. Even if no one agrees to fight, I will at least have him with me to fight and I won't be alone.

"You're able to hear me, right? I asked if Olivia is alright. I'm nearing the borders, Chance. Where are you? Wait, you haven't hurt her again have you? I swear to God, Chance, last time it was just a punch, this time I'll literally kill you-"

"She's kidnapped." I told him and his voice froze from the other side. I heard him inhale sharply and then, he growled.

A loud, ferocious one as if his wolf was in control. I was kind of happy to hear that, it told me that he was passionate about it, confirming my hopes on the fact that he'll help me rescue her.

"Where is she?" He said in a deep, threatening voice and I sighed.

"We have a slight clue about the location, but I am certain that I'll be able to track her scent in no time. I'd request you to reach the pack house as soon as possible, I'm on my way, go meet Katherine, she'll tell you the entire plan."

"I'm there." He said and I hung up, speeding up my car, so that I could reach as fast as possible.

<><><>

When I reached the pack house, I immediately knew that I had to go to the Park Warrior's Chambers in order to meet Ryder. Because I'm certain that's where Katherine would have taken him.

Katherine was the first and the only person who didn't even take a second before willingly volunteering. It made sense because Olivia is her best friend, but her determination and courage is definitely remarkable. Something every pack member should have.

But unfortunately, doesn't.

If we don't stick together then anyone will snap us, when will they understand that?

Shaking my head in disappointment, I pushed open the door of chamber to see Ryder standing by the window with his palms fisted as Katherine sat on a chair, telling him everything.