54 | the nights

Once upon a younger year
When all our shadows disappeared
The animals inside came out to play
Went face to face with all our fears
Learned our lessons through the tears
Made memories we knew would never fade.”

---

54 | the nights

-Olivia-

"The worst part is that, these rogues think that Reece has a Luna. Which he doesn't." The Alpha said and everyone in the room nodded.

"Is there no way we can convince them that that's not true? Think about it, if they know we don't have a Luna, they'll understand that we can't have the gem." Chance's father, the Beta said.

"I doubt it." Chance butted in. "Do you really think they'll get convinced? If anything they'll doubt us even more and think that we're desperately trying to hide the Luna. They can still think that Reece has found a mate but hasn't marked her yet. And there's no way we can prove to them that he has not."

"You are right." The Beta said, pursing his lips. "But we can try, right?"

"I don't think so. There's no way we can contact them." The alpha said.

"What if we leave a message just like they did on the borders? If they are keeping an eye on us, they'll read it." Katherine suggested.

"I don't think that'll work. We still won't be able to prove that it's us who's sending the letter." Katherine's brother, said.

"We can use the Royal stamp?"

"Anyone can forge it."

We all sighed. It didn't look like we'll get a solution soon.

"The only option we're left with is to fight," the Alpha said in a grave tone.

We all bowed our head in submission and just when I thought the conversation was over, a voice was heard from beside me.

"Are we going to ignore the fact that there is a hundred percent chance of us losing if we fight like this. The condition we are in."

I gasped as I turned around to see Reece standing with an accusing glare on his face.

I heard gasps around me, everyone was shocked that someone talked to the Alpha like that.

"Don't forget that you haven't been crowned as an Alpha yet, Reece. Mind your tongue when you're talking to me." Alpha looked livid and enraged.

But Reece wasn't affected.

"I can't be crowned till I find my mate, I know the drill." He rolled his eyes.

"But I am stating facts." He concluded.

The alpha clenched his jaw. "Our pack won't lose, we aren't weak."

"We are without Ryder!" Reece concluded, in an exasperated tone.

"Don't hide the fact that you made a mistake by sending Ryder away. He didn't deserve the hasty, impulsive decision you made. Without him, the entire pack will suffer. He's the best strategy planner we had. He's one of our best warriors and he knew how to fight in a war as he fought for another Alpha once. His skills are unquestionable and you can't deny them."