64 | hate me

“In a sick way I want to thank you
For holding my head up late at night
While I was busy waging wars on myself,
You were trying to stop the fight
You never doubted my warped opinions
On things like suicidal hate
You made me compliment myself
When it was way too hard to take
So I'll drive so fucking far away
That I never cross your mind
And do whatever it takes in your heart
To leave me behind.”

---

64 | hate me

-Chance-

(Since you all requested it, so, why not? 😉)

'What happened?' I asked Lupus, standing immediately in alarm. My body went on full defense mode. My fists balled and my eyes became alert. It could be anything. My pack, my mate, anything.

He went silent for a minute, scaring the crap out of me before he said in a low voice.

'I-I am not sure if I'm right, Chance. But I think...I think I can feel Olivia's wolf calling for us. It's the craziest thing ever. I can somehow feel her desperation, panic and fear. It is like she's waiting for us. But I can't...DAMMIT! I can't connect to her. Everything feels blurry and hazy... I'm scared, Chance. Where is she?'

Lupus sounded almost breathless in fear, anticipation and agony and even I was petrified by now. Firstly, she had left. And secondly, we can't find her. Had she been close, in this territory, we would have felt her.

But we didn't. Did that mean she had left the pack altogether?

Oh Goddess. My head started throbbing with stress and my heart clenched in pain at the thought of her going so far away and I almost fell on my knees right there.

But I can't. I have to find her.

'Try again. Keep trying.' I told him and it ticked him off.

'I am! You bastard! I am trying. Way more than you are actually. It kills me to realize how week our connection is. I can barely even tell if she's even there. This all could be just a figment of my imagination for all I know! And all of this is because of you. You made this happen. You pushed her away. If we lose my mate, Chance, I swear to God, if she gets EVEN A SCRATCH on her arm, I'll kill you.'

Lupus' voice broke in the end and he stopped talking to me, to prevent himself from breaking down.

I clenched my jaw and said nothing. He's hurt right now. He's pissed and he misses her. He's worried, and it is best in my interest if I don't piss him off now.

All because I care for him. Avd I'm sorry for what I did, because he didn't deserve it.

'Should we go to the witch?' I asked him, politely. Not wanting to hurt him more. Every pack had a witch, I was taling about the one in our pack's custody.

'No. She's useless. And she'll only fetch for gossips from us. Try to talk to the Alpha. I'm certain he'd know where my mate is. She can't go without asking him. She can't leave...'

I could almost hear his howls of pain in my head as he shut me off, probably because he wanted some solitude to lick his wounds alone.

I knew that I should get up to go to the Alpha. But my legs were just refusing to move. My body didn't want to leave this room which still smelled strongly like her. I could almost feel her presence here. The times I had taken care of her when she was recovering from her injury came in front of my eyes. She is everywhere here.