2.01 | faded

“Where are you now
Was it all in my fantasy
Where are you now
Were you only imaginary
Where are you now
Atlantis
Under the sea
Where are you now
Another dream
The monsters running wild inside of me.”

--

2.01 | faded

-Olivia-

“How is it that I'm excited and nervous at the same time?” Alissa asked me, as she sat on my bed with us finalising her travel bag.

“You'll be okay,” I said, chuckling at her excitement.

“No but you don't understand! I haven't been there in ages!” She said, “I'm looking forward to going to school again, and meeting new people, but I'm afraid of the kind of looks I'll get from the ones who know me and have seen me before. Also, I don't know what they'll think or if they'll pity me. I don't want them to pity me, Olivia. I'm tired of seeing sympathetic eyes everywhere and people treating me like I'm made up of a glass that can shatter anytime.”

Her eyes saddened and I completely understood what she meant and how she felt.

“You don't have to worry about anyone,” I told her. “If you think about others, you stop thinking about yourself. And that's the last thing you want right now.”

She looked at me for a moment before nodded slowly. “Yeah but I don't want to turn cold. I want to be happy on the inside and not feel like I'm numb. I just don't know. Sometimes I feel like I don't need anyone to be happy, and on other days I feel like what's a life without people in it? It's like I'm in this state of confusion on whether I want to interact with a lot of people or not.”

Her words initially were like a jab in my heart. Simply because I realised that I was rubbing my indifferent and cold attitude on her. I realised that I was being toxic and instead of sharing joy with her, I was sharing my demons, my disdain and the distrust in society with her.

I shouldn't do that. She doesn't need to become what I've become and I should be glad that even after what all happened to her, she's still willing to give this world another chance and she was still willing to give HERSELF another shot at life.

“Don’t think too much,” I said, smiling as we zipped her bag up. “You'll be fine. Don't go with a plan, just go with the flow and do things that you think are right and things that make you and your parents feel proud. And most important of all, please take care of yourself and be safe.”

She smiled at me too. “I'll be, I promise.”

We went downstairs and took a hearty breakfast before it was time for Alissa to leave with her family back to her original pack which was quite far from here.

<><><>

We we came back from the war, I realised 4 interesting things-

1.My parents were back now and the Alpha had already made sure that they knew nothing regarding my kidnap. And no, it was not a kind move by him, instead it was quite selfish. He didn't want my father to find out that no pack member was ready to help his daughter when she was basically dying because then, my father would have been angry and would have left the pack. And the Alpha can't have his best pack doctor leave, can he?

2.  Reece was going to act like nothing had happened and like he wasn't exposed in front of everybody. And being the bastard that he is, he continued to act like he was perfect Alpha when he welcomed us and asked about our health and lied to everyone, saying that he had to stay back to look after the pack. Seriously I sometimes pity the people of this pack because they have such Alphas. But then I remember that how they themselves are and I am not pitiful anymore.