57 | roar

I guess that I forgot I had a choice
I let you push me past the breaking point
I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything
You held me down, but I got up (hey!)

Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, your hear that sound
Like thunder, gonna shake the ground
You held me down, but I got up
Get ready 'cause I had enough
I see it all, I see it now.”

---

57 | roar

-Olivia-

Opening my mouth, I was about to say something when a familiar voice stopped me and a strong arm pulled me back away from Reece.

"I'd suggest you to back off, Reece. You seem too comfortable with something that doesn't belong to you."

My back collided with the front of someone I was vividly familiar to.

Chance. Undoubtedly. I could never miss his presence. It is as if when he is around, every fiber of my being is aware of his presence.

And I hate it. I hate how aware I am when it comes to him. I hate how familiar, effortless and easy it feels like to be close to him. And I hate how my body reacts to him.

I hate how I can't reject him. If I do, I'd die. That's how Goddess has made us. If a lower ranks rejects a higher rank, their heart stops and they die. It's unjust, and unfair but this is how it works and nothing will change for me.

Maybe that's why I am here. Because everything seems so unjust that for once I want to be completely selfish and use others to get answers for myself.

Even then I feel used.

"Are you sure about it, Chance?" Reece said coolly, stuffing his hands in his pockets, giving Chance a sly smirk. "Because I don't see any mark on her that tells me she's claimed."

Chance's grip tightened on me and I could tell Reece had hit a nerve.

"Shut up, Reece. Don't try to piss me off," Chance said through gritted teeth.

"Oh come on," Reece shrugged his warning off. "Don't make a big deal out of it. Me and Olivia were only trying to have fun. I mean, you can tell she's my type and now that you've had your time with it, it was only fair if I got some. Right?" Reece winked at me, secretly throwing an apologetic look telling he was just doing this to annoy Chance.

And he very well succeeded in doing so because as soon as the words left Reece's mouth, a growl was heard from Chance and he lunged for Reece, pushing me behind him.

"You bastard!" He growled again, pushing Reece against the lockers, pressing his arm on his throat. Chance's eyes had turned pitch black in anger. They were flashing between blue and black, his wolf was trying to take over.

"Don't you dare talk about Olivia like that!" He pressed Reece's throat and Reece had begun struggling to breathe

I was surprised he didn't use his Alpha power.

"Let alone talk, don't even think about her like that."

My eyes travelled across the room and doubtlessly, everyone had stopped and formed a circle around us as they stared and gossiped about the fight amongst themselves.

I heard something being said. Somethings about me.

Things about me being a slut who was one day with one guy and the other day with his best friend. Talks about me being the reason for the quarrell between the star best friends.