2.04 | galaxies

“Dear God, I was terribly lost
When the galaxies crossed
And the Sun went dark
But dear God, You're the only North Star
I would follow this far.”

--

2.04 | Galaxies

-Olivia-

“Andy,” I whispered when he came in front of us, with a warm smile on his face.

I was surprised that he was here, willingly. Because after he stopped replying to my messages, and stopped answering my calls— which I tried after I came back to this pack, I was convinced that he— like everyone else— has given up on me too. I was convinced that he no longer wants to be associated to me and wants me to leave him alone.

And so seeing him here with nothing but warmth on his face, was surprising.

But it was a pleasant surprise.

“Olivia,” he said. And directly went for a hug.

Just like the Andrew I knew and remembered. He always liked greeting everybody with hugs.

“Where have you been?” I asked him, as he pulled away.

I know that this question coming out of my mouth is weird. Simply because I am the reason why this school was closed for a month and the reason why we probably didn't meet.

But I still asked him because I had to pretend in front of him like nothing had happened to me.

“These have been the longest few weeks of my life,” he said, sulking as he took a seat on the table.

I got seated on my previous seat and Ryder sat on the opposite to the twins while our Filipino guests threw confused looks at me.

“After the day the school was...you remember, attacked.” He did sound comfortable saying that as if the memory disturbed him. “I went running back home. As you had told me to. As soon as I reached there, I called the police. But till the time we came to school, the attackers were gone. When I went back home, I wanted to contact you and ask you if you were okay. But my before I could, my parents got an emergency call from my grandparents, saying that my grandpa— who got a heart attack, was hospitalized.

“It was such a chaos. I tried to call you but you never picked up. I would have come to Katherine's house to check up on you, but we had no time, I had to leave.”

“Where do your grandparents live?” Ryder asked.

“Peru.” He replied. “Close to the forests.”

“Then a few days passed and I gave up trying to call you. You never picked up. So I called Katherine and she told me you were okay. I had promised myself to meet you as soon as we come back, but little did I know it will take an entire month! On the top of that, my phone broke when I came back so I couldn't even contact you.”

Oh, so that's why he wasn't replying to my texts.

“Is your grandpa okay now?” Maria asked, surprising me. The fact that she was not only listening, but also concerned about a stranger's grandparents was nice.

“Urm, not exactly. But he's doing better now.” He replied, giving me a sideways glance which screamed 'who is she?’.

“The best part is, however, that I found out after coming back that the school was infact closed for an entire month because of the attack we suffered. Can you believe this! I didn't have to miss any work. Otherwise covering up would have been a struggle.”