52 | into the ocean

“Not knowing how to think
I scream aloud, begin to sink
My legs and arms are broken down
With envy for the solid ground
I'm reaching for the life within me
How can one man stop his ending?
I thought of just your face
Relaxed, and floated into space.”

---

52 | into the ocean

-Olivia-

Have you ever experienced hits so hard that knock the breathe out of you and make stars dance in front of your eyes. Hits that make you choke on your own breathe and your heart halts for a second.

You feel like you've lost your legs and you just keep falling.

That's how I felt when something slammed on my back, making me fall on my knees.

Claws scratched my back and I hissed as I felt the sting of sharp nails digging into my skin.

Fight, Olivia. Fight. The voice said in my head and suddenly a newfound energy surged in my body that I had never felt before.

It was like it wasn't mine. Something inside me was supplying me the energy and courage.

Using it, I turned around and punched the wolf in it's snout. Luckily, the rogue hadn't expected me to expect, so he was caught off guard.

I punched him on his eyes and he howled, stumbling away. The distraction was enough to let me escape from under him.

But I knew better than trying to run. Because he'll always be faster and I don't think I could take another blow on my back without fracturing my spine.

Stay there, you can fight. The voice guided me.

But how? I asked.

No answer came which frustrated me.

I blinked hard as my eyesight became hazy. Dark spots were appearing in my vision. My back stung. He had probably clawed deep. My hands shook uncontrollably and my heart was getting slower.

Looking up at the sky, the sun shone overhead. It's brilliance dazed me further and I swayed, my energy and sight going away.

I couldn't afford to pass out. Especially not when the rogue was on his foot and was approaching me with predator steps.

But my body was giving out and my senses were fading.

With blurry vision, I saw him approaching me as he growled and I reached my hands out for something to hold onto

But there wasn't anything and I was falling.

My eyes rolled back into my pockets as gravity pulled me backwards and my back touched the ground as my head banged onto the rocky floor.

A last breath left my throat and I was sure, I was so sure that this is the end. This is where everything ends.

I closed mouth and squeezed my eyes, smile graced my lips as I thought of the beautiful days. I thought about my parents, my childhood, my friends, Ryder, and to an extent, even Chance.

I thought about everything and anything that made me happy and I started feeling energized again.

I thought that the energy I got was because of the power good memories hold, but those doubts were cleared when my arms and legs started burning.