67 | bad liar

"I see how your attention builds
It's like looking in a mirror
Your touch like a happy pill
But still all we do is fear
What could possibly happen next?
Can we focus on the love?
Paint my kiss across your chest
If you're the art, I'll be the brush."

---

67 | bad liar

-Olivia-

'Aurora,' I breathed out, I literally needed her at this point. My throat felt dry and it was hard to speak. But thankfully I didn't have to do that to talk to my wolf.

She didn't speak at first, it was like she was in a state of shock. I could see her faintly, her white fur shining through my mind, but she was still, her hazel eyes frozen.

'Aurora?' I said again and she took a sharp breathe.

'That son of a bitch,' she said through her gritted teeth.

'How dare he touch us like that,' she growled. 'I'll kill him.'

I looked at her with sad eyes. 'I really appreciate your fervour, Aurora. But I hope you know that realistically we can't do anything about the situation we are in.'

I rubbed my forearms with my hands, wishing I had a scrub with myself so that I could wash his touch away from me. The only time I have access to the bathroom is in the morning for 20 minutes, in which I have to manage to do everything, including taking a bath.

The water was always cold. Just like their hearts.

But I wanted hot water right now. Scorching, hot water that would burn my skin till I'd feel pure again.

'No! We can. We can make Patricia poison him to death.' She urged.

'And why would she do that? Scratch that, what would we do that? Why would we want to put Patricia's life at risk? We know that his slaves will kill her as soon as they'll find out. People here worship him. They look up to him as their Messiah. His success so far has blinded them in believing that he will bring them power and rise the standards of rogues.'

Aurora remained silent.

'She might have said that she'll help us no matter what, but we can't exploit her trust.' I concluded and she sighed, begrudgingly.

'Yeah, you are right. She's at risk by doing this. But then what? We can't sit around and waste time. We only have time till tomorrow evening. If it gets too late, he'll.. he'll...'

She gulped, 'You know that he might do, Olivia. You know what might do. I can't let that happen. I have to do something. I can't-'

Her voice choked and she started breathing heavily in fear. We both hated how weak we felt at the moment. Nothing was in our control.

'Connect to Lupus again. Tell him about it. We can't keep anything from him anymore. Tell him, and ask him to send help. Or better yet, come here himself. He, the alpha, and Reece can talk to Keith and convince him that I'm not Luna. Reece can recite the stupid pretence game we had played and we can hope that Keith will listen.'

Aurora sniffed and regained her breathe, before quickly nodding and without any arguments, she left my mind to search the fields for Lupus.

<><><>

I didn't know what to expect. While I sat, doing nothing in the cellar during night time, I didn't know what would come out of Aurora's talk with Lupus.