53 | royals

“I've never seen a diamond in the flesh
I cut my teeth on wedding rings in the movies
And I'm not proud of my address
In the torn-up town, no post code envy.”

---

53 | royals

-Olivia-

When werewolves were first made, there was a big controversy on what determines the colour of the fur.

Is it power? Does it make the wolf more close to the Moon Goddess? Does it express your fate? Or does it reflect the past experiences of the wolf?

After years and years of continuous observation, it was concluded that the colour of fur brought no additional power to the wolf. It was just a representation of the nature of the werewolf.

Somewhat like how the houses were segregated in Harry Potter, the fur colour was segregated according to the characteristics the human form possessed.

Black wolves belong to the powerful. They represent a fierce, strong and authoritative human. Usually the high rankers of the pack have black wolf because they exhibit domination, decision making skills and importance in society. They are witty and ambitious with a hint of possessiveness for their land.

White wolfs belong to the ones who are pure at the soul and kind to everyone. White wolves are known to have exceptionally good brains and a tendency to help others.

White wolves are rare, not because they have power, but because kindness itself is becoming rare in this world.

Auburn wolves are characterized by loyalty, courage, pride and a willingness to die for their loved ones. They will fight for you and die for you. Packed with chivalry and determination, they are undoubtedly one of the best.

Lastly, there are the brown wolves, they are the ones who kind of want to blend with the crowd. They don't want attention, just a normal life. They can fight when asked to, but they prefer to stay calm and reserved. Lost in fantasy books and mythical characters, they are definitely the dreams of them all.

Sometimes, wolves can be a combination, a hybrid. Like Ryder has a grey wolf with hints of black and white. It is because he has equal characters of the white and black wolves.

Similarly, Katherine's brother had a wolf that was Auburn with tiny hints of brown.

It never fails to intrigue me how accurate these segregations are.

But I was happy with what my wolf was. At least I had one now. I decided to move on from the fact that I killed someone yesterday and told myself that it was necessary. Rogue killing isn't illegal in the werewolf world and I didn't break any rules.

But the problem now is, that my wolf is savage piece of shit and she loves roasting the hell out of me.

Getting out of the bed, I walked to the mirror only to the cringe at my image. My hair resembled a bird's nest, my eyes were bloodshot and tired, I had crusty lips and an overall shaggy appearance.

'You look dead.' She told me. 'A dying cat can pull this look of better than you.'

I hissed at her mentally. 'Oh shut up.'

'Nah.'

Sighing, I pursed my lips and walked out of the room. I don't care how I look like rightnow, the Alpha has an important announcement to make, I can't keep wasting time like this.

<>< ><>

It surprised me at how many people were present. I wasn't expecting that. Sometimes I forget how many people actually live in this house.