73 | immortals

"They say we are what we are,
But we don't have to be,
I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way,
I'll be the watcher of the eternal flame,
I'll be the guard dog of all your favorite dreams,
I am the sand in the bottom half of the hourglass
I try to picture me without you but I can't."

01  |  immortals

-Olivia-

A hand on the shoulder that's exactly from where everything starts. A horror movie, a murder story, but apparently, and rather ironically, I felt like it was where my life would start to end.

I couldn't see my face but I am quite certain that all the blood would have drained from there. All sorts of negative thoughts came into my mind. This was too good to be true. I should have known.

But then I reminded myself of the promise I had made to myself and I told my heart that I would not drain my energy in worrying. Instead, I'll drain it all out in fighting.

Fight for myself. Not for anyone else this time. It's just me now.

Taking a deep breath, I curled my fists, ready to attack as turned around to see the very flustered face of our very own Patricia. 

Before I even had time to register my relief, she grabbed my hand and started dragging me down the corridor.

"What are you doing, Pat? I was escaping through the window—" I began saying.

"That would take too long. Breaking the glass with something, then getting through it and did you fight the electric fences? We don't have time for that," she picked up speed till the point where we were both running.

In other words, she was running and I was dying.

"The pack has been attacked and that is why you don't see any guards here. It's the perfect opportunity to escape. I have found an emergency tunnel only Keith and his specials knew about after years of spying. We'll use it and it will take us to a forest behind the electric fences. Meaning, we can escape this whole enclosure altogether."

My eyes widened. "Attacked?"

"Yeah," she turned around again to look at me. "I think it might be your pack."

I scoffed bitterly, my heart filling with familiar sourness. "Wishful. I don't think so."

Patricia gave me a discouraging shake of head, "Don't be so pessimistic, Olivia. Your pack wasn't strong enough but they were trying to help you, right?"

My jaw clenched and my eyes glared daggers at her. I didn't mean to be harsh, but I couldn't help it. I was just so bitter about my pack and the members. Specially the ones I once considered as my well-wishers who turned out to be snakes.

Venomous snakes that dissolved poison in my life and veins and turned into the sour person I'm today.

"No!" I said, angrily. "I thought that they were trying to help me. I was so wrong. I was blinded by faith, just like you are."

"But—" she began but I cut her off.

"They send someone from the pack, Patricia!" I said, my eyes daring to fill up with angry tears but I forced myself to stay stoic. "They had sent someone to confirm the rumor that I'm the Luna so that Keith kills me. They decided to sacrifice me for their selfish interests. I am not stupid, alright! I got it. I was so optimistic. I tried to keep Keith busy so that my 'pack' gets enough time to attack. But they never did. I waited and waited, only for them to pull this?"