56 | send my love (2)

Send my love to your new lover
Treat her better
We've gotta let go of all of our ghosts
We both know we ain't kids no more.”

---

56 | send my love (2)

-Olivia-

"

No." I said.

"No?" He asked, shock evident in his voice.

"No." I confirmed, shaking my head and his shoulders fell in disappointment.

"But why?" He urged.

"Because it's not right. And I can't act more desperate. I would rather live with a question, without a closure— but I can't live knowing that he thinks I want him back. I don't want him anymore. I am done."

I thought that my explanation would be enough be he probed further.

"You won't look desperate! I'll take the blame on myself, I'll show as if I asked you out." He was practically begging by that moment and I wanted to kill myself for getting in this situation.

I had brought this to myself by coming here.

Stupid Olivia. Stupid stupid Olivia.

"What do you want Reece? Do you think if we walk together, hold hands or even kiss, he will care? He won't. If anything, I'll feel more guilty. My wolf won't let me live at peace. And I can't kiss you or go beyond because somewhere in the back of my mind, I know that Chance didn't do that to me atleast. He hasn't kissed Cindy on the lips since he court me, neither has he slept with her, otherwise I would have felt it. He didn't do it, I won't either. He just deeply hates me and he wanted to hurt me. I get it. That's enough explanation for now."

(A/N- the scene about Cindy kissing his neck won't have induce pains in Olivia/ she won't feel it because a kiss on the neck can be platonic and so it isn't considered as a sign of fidelity by Moon Goddess.
So technically Chance didn't cheat, but of course what he did was very wrong anyway.)

"Do you know why he hates you?"

I looked up, "No."

"Don't you want to know?" He was looking directly into my eyes as he knew he had hit the spot.

I clenched my jaw and looked down.

"You don't have to kiss me, we can't go on a fake date or something. He himself won't let that much happen."

I narrowed my eyes at him. He sounds a little too desperate right now to be honest. But I guess, it's his best friend, so he's concerned about him and all.

Was it worth it though? At least I'll get to know why he hates me. Plus, I won't have to get physical with him. And in case, no one cares and Chance doesn't react, we can always go back to being almost strangers.

It's not like I want Chance back in my life anyways. I just need to get him talk to me enough to find out the truth from him. I just want to know why he hates me and what I did to make him feel the way he does.

"First promise me one thing first," I said.

"Anything."

"If I give this a shot, you'll tell me what it is, even if Chance refuses to. I can't let this go in vain."

He pursed his lips and looked thoughtful.

In a few seconds he nodded and brought his hand forward for me to shake. "Deal?"