69 | mad world

“I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
When people run in circles it's a very very
Mad world, mad world.”

--

69 | mad world

-Chance-

"Listen Chance. You are still my Best friend and I do care for you. But this was for my mate and I had no other choice. So yes, I did use your mate. I used your mate to protect mine so that it was her that the rogues took away in place of mine."

His words burned a fire within me, and my insides burned in fury, betrayal and hatred.

I clenched my jaw and my fists curled because of the amount of disgust I felt for this person in front of me who once used to be my best friend. But was now a freaking monster. A monster who used people when he wanted.

I wanted to punch him in the face and hurt him as much as I could.

Raising my fist high in the air I punched directly on his nose and enjoyed as the satisfying cracking sound reverberated in the room.

"Watch your actions, Chance. I'm your alpha." He growled at me, holding a hand over his nose as it started healing with a frustratingly fast pace.

I wanted to break it over and over again till it won't be fine anymore.

"I don't fucking care." I growled and grabbed him by his collar and tried to punch his jaw.

But this time he blocked my fist with his palm and punched me with his other fist. I stumbled back, holding my cheek, but it wasn't long before I attacked him again.

My punch was aimed towards his cheek while his, towards my jaw. I tried to kick his stomach but he dodged and tried to kick me. We fought back and forth for a while and I was still not satisfied by the amount of blood he had shed when he successfully trapped both of my hands.

"Stop," he growled. "Don't create a scene in some other Alpha's office. You are ruining my reputation."

"I don't give a fuck about you or your fake reputation."

My words and actions might have surprised him a bit as his next words were laced in irritation and agitation.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you so affected? I thought you hated her?"

I don't know what he was trying to prove by his words. Or if he was trying to piss me off even more. Because if this was his attempt to calm me down, then it was a horrible and failed attempt.

"That's my personal matter, Reece. I might have no wanted her as my mate but that doesn't mean that I wished for her to get kidnapped and totured. Do you have any idea about how much they're hurting her? Hell, even I don't know completely. She's in pain, Reece. She's hurting. And that is all because of you. YOU caused this to happen. What kind of person are you, huh?" I pushed his shoulder, "How can you sleep peacefully at night knowing that you took advantage of someone like that? That someone could be dying because they trusted you."

I had expected him to hang his head in shame, or maybe even to see a figment of regret in his eyes. But what I had definitely not expected him to do was start laughing bitterly.

The ugliness, the hate, the selfishness, the madness, the dominant streak in his eyes shone above all and I was surprised that I had never seen it before despite having known him all my life.