63 | out of my system

"Yeah I could love you
Go get a job and start to save
Stay at my mum's house
Look out the window at the rain
Or I could ignore it, but I'd just be fuckin' with your brain
I only got one shot, yeah, I got dreams and my suitcase."

---

63 | out of my system

-Chance-

Sometimes I wonder if people even care.

Walking through the school hallways, I noticed how people looked at me, observed and evaluated each step I took. Criticized me behind my back, and when I was looking, made a way for me. You feel like everyone is supporting you, but actually they are waiting for your downfall. They are with you till you are the top, once you fall, they go away too.

I kept my gaze straight, didn't let them stray because of whispers and chuckles.

Because now I know that they certainly don't care. And you shouldn't either. People around you are like the nature, the environment on a plant. They sure do influence you, and you might never flower if they aren't kind to you, but in the end spring has to come and sooner or later, you'll bloom. Survive the fall, that's all you have to do.

<><><>

"No I don't want to understand anything. You have to bring us the birth certificate, that's it." I dead-panned, massaging my temple, trying to ease the headache talking to this couple caused me.

A new couple had joined our pack as refugees from Southern California, and the problem is that they recently had a child, for whom the birth certificate hasn't been submitted yet.

"What do you mean by you lost it? How can you lose your child's birth certificate?"

They argued for a bit more, annoying me to no extent.

"Listen. Mr. And Mrs. Irresponsible, either you find it or we won't be able to register your child as a official in this pack. You have 3 days."

They protested that 3 days were too short.

"Well, all it took you was a night to make that baby so 3 days seem like a fair enough time to retrieve a piece of paper."

I was about to hand up when the lady started screeching in my ear and I almost pulled my hair out in frustration.

"Give the phone to me," said someone from behind me and the phone was snatched from my hand, making me want to growl at the person. But I turned around to see Reece, so I had shut up naturally.

He talked to then professionally for a bit before hanging up.

"Don't worry, they'll submit it in a couple of days." He said, looking at me with careful, observing eyes.

I nodded my head, not in a mood of talking to him. I haven't talked to him since that day I saw him with her. It's been a couple of days since then, but I can't help but feel like he betrayed me.

Like she betrayed me.

I know that I'm in no position to blame anyone. And if there is one person in this picture, everyone hates, it's me.