43 | sirens

"I carry the weight of you in my heavy heart
And the wind is so icy, I am numb
I carry the weight of you heading back to start
With the thousand eyes on me, I stumble on
I am tired, I'm growing older
I'm getting weaker every day."

---

43 | sirens

-Olivia-

"I am highly surprised and my expectations have been crashed. I am sad to inform you this but I think you have anger issues, Ryder. I think we called you back too soon. I as an Alpha, orders Ryder Landon to go back to Alaska, where he came from till he's called back."

The Alpha's statement made everyone around us gasp and I heard whispers of people wondering if Ryder will be replaced by someone else.

"I don't mean to disrespect you Alpha George, but I think it's unfair if we don't give him a chance to defend himself."

A strong, defiant voice interrupt and rose above all the voices in the hall and everyone turned towards me in shock.

That's when I realized it was me to whom the voice belonged.

Alpha George looked surprised as he challengingly raised his eyebrow at me.

I stood straighter and held my ground.

"Are you sure you don't mean to be disrespectful by questioning the Alpha's decision?"

I took a deep breathe and took in a deep breathe. I could get in serious trouble if the Alpha gets offended because I am not a high rank.

But I can't back out.

For Ryder.

"I am just stating what the law says." I said.

Alpha George's eyes flared and he gritted his teeth as his fists curled.

Shit. I am dead meat now.

"I am glad at your concern pertaining the law but for your information, Ms. Hart, the law also states that the Alpha is the final decision maker."

I stayed silent. I knew he had more to speak.

"And as far as the question of giving him a chance comes," he said, turning towards Ryder who was standing with his head low in shame. "Your friend doesn't look too keen to defend himself."

My gaze turned towards Ryder and I threw daggers at him as he didn't move an inch. He didn't speak up.

"I came here to talk to him and hear his part of the story, but when I saw the way these two were fighting and when the guard told me that Ryder attack Chance without cause or warming- I knew that the poor girl has high chances of being true."

My jaw clenched. Cindy, you are asking to be killed.

My glare turned pleading as I looked at Ryder.

I needed him to say something. I can't defend him alone.

"I apologise for my mistakes, Alpha. I have disappoint a lot of people. I accept your decision to send me back to Alaska and I'll leave within an hour." Ryder's answer send shivers of fear and dread down my spine and I looked at him in shock.

"Ryder!" My voice did nothing to express the amount of emotions I felt but Ryder just looked at me apologeticlly.

"I am sorry, Livy." He whispered and left.