Chapter 1

Arohi's POV

The night was cold and the moon was clear and bright complimenting the dark sky and the stars. I looked up at the sky wondering if Rahul was there amongst those stars. I smiled, a sad one. Things could have been different if he was here with me.

I walked towards my piano, the room lightened up by the moon, through the huge wall size window. I sat and played to fill this emptiness of my house and probably my heart. I closed my eyes and I could only think of one person, Rahul. A small smile appeared on my lips as I played.

My peaceful moment was disturbed by the ringing of my phone. I stopped and answered the phone. I didn't bother to look at the caller ID as I was sure who it would be.

"Hey!" I said, a bit irritated.

"I got something to tell you, and it's huge! Wait I'm coming to your house, I'm on my way." Vivek sounded really excited, hmm...it's new. If he is excited about something then it's probably big!

"Yeah.." that's all I said. I wasn't really interested. I was a little irritated that my moment got destroyed and I lost the mood to play.

I switched on the TV to watch something, I need to kill the time until he comes. I was just skipping through channels, not watching anything in particular when I heard my doorbell ring. He is here!

I went downstairs and opened the door for him. He got in and I closed the door and followed him to the living area. He settled himself on one of the couches and I sat opposite to him.

"So what is it?" I asked, I was still a bit irritated, I don't know why maybe because of my periods.

"You know Rohan Nanda? The world famous Rockstar?" He asked me.

"Yes, I know." That's all I said. But Vivek was used to it. I never talked that much with anyone, except for Vivek. And there are times when I don't talk much to him too, this is one of those times.

"His manager, Mr. Raghav Mehra called me today just a few minutes ago. He said Rohan is in search for a female singer for his next album. And he wants to collaborate with you. The album has almost 10 to 12 songs, all duets. What do you think? It can be a big break for you... you are already popular and if you take this chance you can explore more in this field." He wanted me to say yes but I didn't know. I mean this is big, huge!

"I don't know... Vivek."

"You should take this chance, opportunities like this don't come every day. It can make your world famous! The whole world will hear your voice! It was Rahul's dream..."

"But it's an English song, and Rohan's music is very different.."

"Then it's a good opportunity for you to experiment with your singing skills. You can't doubt yourself in singing Arohi."

"I'm not. I'm just a bit confused and a little scared. I love Rohan's music it's different from others, he has a different style of expression, and I consider myself lucky if I get an opportunity to sing his music with him...but I'm not a big fan of his personality. And I think he is definitely not a pleasant person." I put out my dilemma in front of Vivek.

"Yes, I agree but this is a big opportunity, don't lose it because you think that some person is unpleasant. You are not going on a vacation with Rohan, you are going for work, because of your passion for singing. Why would you care about him?"

"Hmmm..." I was thinking.

"Just say 'yes' Arohi. It's something we all were waiting for. Something Rahul would be proud of."

"I know....just give me some time Vivek, I'll let you know" I said with a smile assuring him. He didn't try to persuade me further. We had dinner together and I'm thankful that he didn't bring up that topic. He left after dinner, filling me up with other work commitments.