Chapter 12

Arohi's POV

Two Months Later...

I was sitting in the living room sipping my tea when Indu came and handed me the newspaper.

'Are the plagiarism charges against Rohan Nanda true? Hearing in few days!' the headline read as soon as I opened the newspaper. I folded it again and put it on the teapoy. I don't want to read any more made up stories by the media. The Rohan-Eric war is the headline of every entertainment portal for these past 2 months. They are not even sparing me from this. I even did an interview as it was getting on my nerves. But it didn't end there. I'm still getting calls from the journalists asking me to give my opinion about it. But Vivek has asked me not to comment anything on this matter for now. I don't even know when it is going to end.

I talked to Raghav few times in between but that's it! He is also busy with the ongoing thing so much that he doesn't even have much time for chit-chat. About Rohan, he didn't call or text me even once since I left London. That was pretty much expected I guess. But still, I felt sad about it. There wasn't a single day gone without the thought of talking to him or getting worried about him. I thought of calling him many times a day but I was unsure. I didn't know if he wanted to talk to me or not. So I just ended up casting those thoughts away. Right now, Vivek is keeping me updated with Rohan's case. And I? Well, I'm just busy with my regular life like recording songs, attending meetings and I'm thankful for that, at least that keeps me away from all those worries.

I glanced at the clock. It was past 8 AM already. I have to reach the studio by 10 AM. I should go and get ready. I finished my tea and went to the kitchen to put the empty cup in the sink.

"What should I make for breakfast?" Indu asked as soon as she saw me.

"Anything light Indu. I don't have much appetite today!" I said and turned back, leaving for my room.

I took a quick shower and got dressed up in a kurta and palazzo. I let my hair open and put on the lip gloss and I was ready. I grabbed my watch before closing my bedroom door behind. I went downstairs, wearing my watch in the process of climbing down the stairs.

I went to the dining area where Indu came hurriedly and served me breakfast. I ate as fast as I can as it's already 9 and I need to leave now to reach the studio at 10 considering Mumbai's traffic.

It was 5 minutes past 10 when I finally reached the studio.

"I'm so sorry. I got stuck in traffic." I said apologetically entering the studio, feeling guilty as I made people to wait for me.

"It's ok, Arohi. you are just 5 minutes late." Arjun, music director said and gave me a smile. I smiled back at him.

"OK let's start then," I said putting my purse on the couch, behind and walking towards Arjun.

"Just breath Arohi," he said vividly.

"Ah, no worries. I'm all good." he handed me a copy of the song. I went through it once and studied the tune of the song one last time before going into the recording booth.

I have been so much busy working on this song for past few days and today is the final recording. I took a deep breath and started singing.

*****

"That's it! Well done Arohi!" Arjun said through the microphone and gave me thumbs up. I came out of the booth and stood beside him.

"Was that ok? Or should we do it again?" I asked looking at Arjun as I wanted to make sure if he is happy with the song or not. He looked up at me and gave a wide smile.