Chapter 6

Arohi's POV

"Arohi, is this dough alright?" Raghav asked as he struggled with his both hands, working on the dough.

"Just make it a little thicker." I instructed him.

Today John was on leave, so I decided to take charge of the kitchen and other household works. Raghav told me that he was craving for some Indian food as he and Rohan haven't had one in a long time. And I suggested that maybe we should make some Indian food today. Raghav was pretty excited and was more than ready to help me out in the kitchen.

"You know, Jenny is the best cook ever!" Raghav said adding more dough to the mix.

"Jenny?" I asked without looking up at him. I was chopping potatoes.

"Jenny, Jennifer Fernandez, the model and the actress, you might know her." He said with excitement.

"Oh..yeah! Of course, I know her. But how do you know her?" I was a little curious. Who doesn't know Jennifer Fernandez? She is the famous model, and actress in India. I've even sung one or two songs for her but that's it. I don't know her personally.

"Well...I know her because she is the wife of Arjun Singhania who also happens to be a good friend of Rohan. Actually, they both are close to Rohan. Rohan and Arjun started their careers together. And since then they are best of friends. Although we live here in London, we are always in contact with them. They are family to us." He finished, smiling at me.

I didn't know all this, I know Arjun and I know Jennifer is his wife. I have sung many of his compositions and we are friends, but not close friends. It's all professional.

"You might know Arjun. I mean, he is a music director and singer too." Raghav said working on the dough.

"Yeah, I know him and Jennifer too. I have worked with Arjun and met Jennifer in some functions and sometimes in studios. But it's all professional." I said as I finished chopping the potatoes.

"You should definitely get to know them. I'm telling you, you will love them and besides, they are waiting to meet you too. After all, you challenged The Rohan Nanda. That don't happen every day." He said winking at me.

"You told them too?" I was a bit amused at that.

"Of course, how can I not?" The smile never left his face as he said this.

"I would love to get to know them too." I smiled at him and went to get the milk from the fridge.

I was actually looking forward to knowing Jenny and Arjun personally. I know that's so unlike me. But I was changing, little by little and I was liking this new change in me. I have made new friends now, whether it be Raghav, Ben or even John. All these people connected to Rohan are really amazing people. I don't know why Rohan is the only one like this, the arrogant and rude one. But then again, he is not like that all the time, there are times when he is genuinely sweet and caring, yeah but that side comes out very rarely. I let out a small sigh thinking about him.

"What's next?" Raghav asked me as he finished with the mixing.

"Just boil these potatoes in the cooker." I told him but he looked at me clueless.

I was going to say something but I saw Rohan coming into the dining area, with messy hairs. Seems like he just woke up. He sat on the dining table, completely ignoring us. Well, that's nothing new.

I looked at Raghav again. "Don't do anything for now. I'll tell you what exactly to do after I finish making coffee." Raghav nodded his head at me in response.

"John!!!!" Rohan yelled as always.

I made him coffee and went to the dining area, putting the cup of coffee in front of him. He looked up at me.