Chapter 8

Arohi's POV

"You ready?" Rohan asked, settling on a stool with guitar in his laps.

"Yeah...I'm ready! Let's get started!" I said with both excitement and nervousness visible in my voice. We were going to rehearse the song we wrote yesterday.

I sat on a stool, facing him and took a deep sigh in order to release the nervousness that was building up inside me. Even though I've recorded one English song, I still feel nervous when I sing one. It's never the case with Hindi songs though.

I looked at Rohan and nodded my head with a smile, gesturing that I'm ready to start, finally. He smiled back at me and closed his eyes, and started to play the guitar.

I found a love for me
Oh darling, just dive right in and follow my lead

His voice was so soothing, so smooth. It was peaceful to listen to him. I just kept looking at him with a small smile.

Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

He opened his eyes and looked at me with a smile, which I returned. He sang the next lines without taking his eyes off me and his hands playing the chords perfectly.

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes, you're holding mine

I could sit and listen to him singing, all day and all night. There was just something in him and his voice that keeps you rooted to your place when he sings and you just listen to him. He again closed his eyes, while continued singing effortlessly and I found myself adoring him singing with a faint smile playing on my lips.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight