Chapter 21

Arohi's POV

A year later...

"Well done, Arohi. You killed it this time." Armaan said through the mike. I gave him a genuine smile taking off my headphone and placing it over the mike. I came out of the booth just to get greeted by Armaan again who gave me a quick hug.

"Thank you so much." I smiled at him widely again. 

"Alright then, I'll give you call once this is done from my side. Then we can review the song together and see if it needs any improvisation or anything." Armaan said.

"Okay then. I'll see you soon." I said my goodbye as I came out of the studio. 

Life has been really better for me lately. I have my hands full of work that I hardly have any time left for anything. I'm content with what I'm doing today. I'm experimenting with different genres of music and even tried my hand at composing with help of Arjun, of course. The song got a thunderous response. I and Arjun even won several awards for it. I even held a few concerts in a few capital cities of India. So, I can safely say that I am in the best phase of my life. I have never felt so happy career-wise.

As on personal front, Jenny, Arjun, and Vivek are there with me. And I lately started to give most of the time to my parents which I feel I didn't give before. 

"Everything good?" Vivek asked taking me out of my thought process.

"Never felt better before," I said giving him a wide smile. Vivek smiled back at me.

"That's good!" He said ruffling my hair as I jerked his hand away adjusting my hair again. Vivek chuckled looking at me. To which I just rolled my eyes.

"So? Where are we going?"  I asked him once I was satisfied that all the strands of my hair are back to where they belong. Vivek gave a tough look as he gestured me to start walking.

"Home." 

"Really? I thought we were going to meet your fiancee today?" I said with a disappointed voice walking beside him.

Yes! Vivek was finally getting married. Its obviously a love marriage, he met this girl a couple of months ago and they started dating. Now her parents know about their relationship and things are going well. But this jerk told me about the whole thing just a few days ago. It's his luck that I didn't kill him then. As always he had his amazing excuses to save himself. He said he was waiting for the perfect time and things to fall into place before he tells me. I forgave him because I was just too happy to kill anyone. He had already handled enough shit for me and now I'm happy that he will be living his own life. Though he was being stubborn that I should get married first but I convinced him. Anyway, I'm well settled in my life. I'm living my life to the fullest without any worry or regret then why not? I'll get married to the right person at the right time. If it never comes then it's fine too. I have always been least bothered by that. At the moment, I and my career are my priorities in life. 

"Yeah let's meet her later," Vivek said opening the car door without looking at me.

"Ohkay. So you want to keep her just for yourself? That's not fair, yaar. I want to meet my bhabi too." I said dramatically sitting in the passenger's seat. Yup! My future sister in law is still a mystery to me, well thanks to this big brother of mine! He gave me a final glare before turning on the engine.

"Shut up. You are talking too much lately. Huh?" He said in an irritated voice while raising his eyebrows.

"Yes, what can I say? That's the new Arohi Keshav Shirke for you." I said shrugging my shoulders. Vivek let out a laugh to that. I smiled too. I changed my name back to my old one. No more Jaykar or Nanda. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't being ungrateful. I just realized joining Rahul's name to mine wasn't going to bring him back or that wasn't enough to show my love towards him. I've been questioned by media about this and I couldn't give them a better answer than that. I've loved him and I can never stop loving that man who only wanted the best for me. It took me time to realize a few things he wanted for me and now I'm finally correcting myself.