Chapter 5 (Part 2)

Arohi's POV

After a long ride, we finally reached Mr. Ben's house, no not house, but it was a huge mansion. I was awestruck by its beauty and the way it was decorated.

"Well the party takes place inside, you know. So we need to go inside. Even though the party is for you, don't expect people to come and receive you!" Rohan said with so much arrogance and of course that famous smirk of his.

"I know that, alright!" I said, a bit too loud with irritation. I was already nervous and above that, he was irritating the hell out of me.

"Stop it both of you! Let's go inside." Raghav pushed us both forward, not giving a chance for us to say anything further.

We went inside. It was a small party as in, not much crowd. I was really happy for that. I was a bit relieved after seeing that.

"Welcome Arohi!" An old man, with a white mustache and huge tummy, came towards us. He was looking cute like a teddy. He had a big smile on his face. This must be Mr. Ben.

"Hello, Sir." I said with a nervous smile.

"No, no, no, No sir! Just call me Ben." He extended his hands for a handshake.

"OK, Ben. Thank you so much for throwing this party for me." I said as I shook his hand.

"Pleasure is all mine, dear!" He said with a sweet smile which I returned. He then turned to Rohan.

"Rohan, my boy! Where are you nowadays? I missed you." He gave a side hug to Rohan.

"You didn't miss me, Ben?" Raghav asked pouting at Ben.

"Of course I missed you too but I see you more often and I don't get to see my Rohan." Ben said looking at Raghav first and then Rohan.

"I was just busy with work Ben. How are you?" Rohan asked smiling genuinely at him. I could tell that Rohan had huge respect for this old man standing beside him.

"What do you think? I'm great as always!" He flashed a smile at us.
"Let's go in."

**********

I was done for the day, Ben literally made me meet and talk to every person present at the party. He thought it was important for me as it's my first international album and striking a friendship with these important people can give a hike to my international career. Although I didn't really 'strike' any friendship with a single person. I just followed Ben around and greeted them as he introduced me.

After he was finally done with the "friendship striking" thing I excused myself and found a quiet place and sat there just looking at people having fun. Yes, once again I was back in my usual party situation. Raghav was busy with his set of friends and I thought it was better to stay alone rather than going there and putting myself in the more awkward situation. Moreover, I didn't like the idea of interacting with others. Well, I'm that introvert! I'm okay with being alone.

As  I was looking around, I spotted Rohan at the bar with a girl all over him. Ewww!! Get a room, people! I immediately looked away and found Ben walking towards me with a smile, I returned it back.

"Hello, Arohi! Do you mind if I join you?" He asked looking down at me.

"No, please sit." I smiled once again and he sat beside me.