Chapter 16

Rohan's POV

I don't know how the fuck I ended up at Arohi's house!! I mean I remember that I was bored to death at Arjun's house as no one was home except for that Joker, who was also busy managing my events and all that shit. That's when I thought to get my ass off that house and go for a bike ride just to clear my head and get some fresh air. But now, here I am, standing awkwardly at her door.

What am I going to say to her? Above that, why the fuck am I nervous to face her? I didn't do anything wrong. Or did I? No, of course, I didn't.

But again, I wanted to meet her as I haven't seen or talked to her since that trek. After whatever happened that night between us, I just wanted to make sure that everything is normal between us. I don't want her to think anything negative about me and ruin the little friendship we have managed to develop over time. Why the heck I am thinking so much? Just ring that damn bell, Rohan! You aren't committing any crime for fuck's sake. I let out a deep sigh and rang the doorbell as I waited for Arohi to open the door.

Finally, after some time which felt like forever, she opened that freaking door. At first, she looked kinda taken aback and shocked but then she recovered herself quickly. Oh! And did I mention how gorgeous she looked even in that simplest look of hers? A smile crept across my lips.

"ROHAN?" She said out loud in disbelief before continuing further. "What are you doing here?" I chuckled at her.

"Just came to check on you." It came out instantly from my mouth and FUCK I immediately regretted saying it when she looked a little awkward by my answer.

"I... I mean you didn't invite me to your house so I thought I'll invite myself. Hope you don't mind me breaking in." I said sounding as cool as possible as I rubbed the back of my head. That did the trick as a gorgeous wide smile broke on her face. I smiled back at her automatically.

"And even if I did, I don't think you'll go away." She said raising an eyebrow and crossing her arms over her chest giving me an amusing smile.

"Well, I can. I don't like being unwanted one, you know." I said in a challenging tone shrugging my shoulders with a smirk. "So, I can go if you don't want me to then," I said playing along with her and turned to leave.

"Just shut up, Rohan and come in." She said as she gestured for me to come inside. I gave her the widest grin as I stepped inside her house. Arohi shook her head a little with a small smile still on her lips.

"Well, I didn't see you after that trek though," I said walking inside to the living room looking around her house. This was my first time in her house, although I've been here with other's to pick her up for the trek, I didn't get to enter the house as we were all in a hurry and Arohi was already outside, waiting for us.

"Yeah, actually I was a little busy. Just caught up with work and other stuff." Arohi said as she followed me behind after shutting the door close.

"Yeah, I guessed!" I said while I looked around her living room. The living area looked so welcoming with it's perfectly arranged couches and a rectangular teapoy in the middle. It was dimly lit which gave a cozy feeling in the cold weather. There were pictures hung up on the walls, most of them were of Rahul and Arohi.

"Would you like to have something? Coffee maybe?" Arohi asked after some moments looking at me.

"Yeah, coffee will be fine," I said with a small smile as I looked back at her.

"Okay! Make yourself comfortable." She said gesturing towards the couch with a smile playing on her lips. Those lips! What the fuck is wrong with me? Why the hell I feel so attracted towards her. Now, feeling attracted to her felt like nothing less than committing a crime. This is wrong in so many ways. The main reason is she is too good for me and then she is still hopelessly in love with Rahul. Wait a minute! What am I talking? Why the hell I'm sounding like a hopeless lover boy here. It's not like I'm not gonna date her or anything close to it. Fuck! I should seriously stop thinking now! I shifted my gaze to nothing in particular.