Chapter 15

Arohi's POV

"Ready to start the trek? All of you? If there is any kind of problem or anything else just tell now. Because soon it will get dark and we will be going through the forest too. So, we won't be getting anything!!" Jenny shouted looking at each of us. We all looked at each other as a knowing smirk formed on our lips then we turned to face Jenny again.

"Yes, Granny Ma!!" All of us shouted back and started laughing. Jenny rolled her eyes at all of us as a sign of irritation.

"So, here we GO!" Raghav shouted and started running. We laughed to that and followed him as we started our journey.

I felt so happy at that moment. To be honest, this is the first time I'm doing something adventurous like this and I'm already enjoying it so much. Besides that, being with these four crazy people is always fun. Yes, it's just five of us as Ahana didn't show up. Jenny said she is out of the town because of some work and I couldn't be happier. I know I'm acting strange but that's fine as long as I don't get to meet her. I don't know what has gotten into me nowadays, I'm feeling things I've never felt before and it's not in any way comforting, but I just can't help it.

Anyway, so, we are currently at the start point of our trek. After so much discussion and arguments finally, all of us agreed on the Sandhan Valley trek which is also known as 'The Valley of Suspense' or 'The Valley of Shadows'. It is a water-carved valley around 200 feet deep and one of the greatest canyons in the Sahyadri Ranges which is also a combination of a valley and a canyon.

We are gonna meet our guide in the village called Samrad from where the actual trek will start. The village comes after the journey through the little forest. So, my concern right now is this forest. As it's getting dark already and I don't know when and how are we going to reach that village through this forest which is already looking terrifying to me.

Jenny insisted we should start the journey at evening as people won't spot us, especially, Rohan. And it will be an amazing experience to camp in the village at night. Also, the other reason to choose Sandhan Valley was that it is pretty challenging.

We were walking through the forest for some time now when Jenny stopped in between and so did the rest of us as we looked at Jenny.

"Ah! No way! I can't walk anymore." She said bending forward, putting her hands on her knees.

"Look Jenny we are almost there as per this map. So, stop whining and let's go." Arjun said panting hard. Rohan got seated on the rock nearby and I did the same. Raghav sat on the ground, cross-legged. Everyone was so hella tired as we have been walking for almost an hour now that too with those huge trekking backpacks on our shoulders and torches in our hands as it is pitch black around us.

"NO!!!" Jenny shouted at Arjun. I took the water bottle out and started drinking water. Rohan gestured me to hand the bottle to him once I was done.

"Then what do you want me to do? Carry you?" Arjun said getting irritated at Jenny.

"I don't mind Arjun." Jenny said in an equally irritated louder tone.

"Do you want me to die?!" Arjun snapped back at her and she gave him an angry glare.

"OK, let's go now." Raghav said getting up from the ground brushing off his tracks and stopping them as we don't want them to kill each other in the middle of the forest.

"Wait, wait, Arjun you are sure we are going the correct way? Because you have been telling 'we are almost there' for half an hour now." Rohan said in a tiring tone. I was trying to get control of my heavy breaths.

"Look Ro! I'm reading the map. Even I don't know the way." Arjun said looking at the mobile screen.

"Are you sure Arjun that it's working? Because over half an hour back you said we will reach in 15 to 20 minutes and I still can't see any lights nearby." I said looking here and there. Everyone else looked around too.