2.

I had walked back into the precinct after flagging down a cab.

"Did you find who you were looking for?" Evan asked me and I slouched down in my chair at the desk.

"I didn't actually," I sat up and narrowed my eyes at Evan, "who is Mike?"

He cocked an eyebrow, "Mike?"

I nodded my head. "Maybe about five-nine, or ten, curly black hair, tannish skin, a very-well structured face. Almost as if he belongs as a poster boy for Calvin Klein..."

"You mean Michael Jackson," Laney dropped a pile of files on her desk. "Evan collared him some years ago."

"For what?" I looked over at him.

"For possession and distribution of Marijuana, why are you asking about him all of a sudden?"

"I... ran into him you can say. A little informant told me that I would find who was looking for if I talked to Mike, but Mike, wasn't helpful at all. He asked if I he was under arrest, I told him no, he got up and left." I shrugged my shoulders, "so much for him being helpful."

"He just got out about two months ago," Evan had been typing away on his computer. "It's only a matter of time before he gets caught back up in that life again. They never stay out of it that long before they fall right back into it. If he knows something, he'll be ready to talk then."

"How much time did he get and how are you so sure?"

"Six and a half years and because he swore up and down that he was being set up. I'm pretty sure he won't be taking another wrap for anyone else so he'll talk." Evan quickly responded, "Why are you asking so many questions?"

"I'm just curious. Where is Vinny?"

"Sitting in interrogation; he claims he doesn't know anything about anything... even though I know that's a lie." Evan rolled his eyes and ran his hands down his face. "I just want to bust Nick and get it over with."

I stand up, getting ready to go and talk to Vinny, hoping to get something out of him. "Yeah, me too."

10:43pm

"Go home Farrah," I looked up to see Cap standing in the frame of his office door. "Get some rest."

"I was just trying to clean up some of these files." I picked up a manila folder. "Why don't we send an undercover in to bust Nick..."

"We've tried... we need to find a different tactic. I can't risk my men getting hurt or killed trying to bring this guy down. We've risked too much already, but you don't need to worry about it. Go home and get some rest."

I just nodded my head. "Night Cap," I smiled and got up swinging my jean jacket over my shoulder.

"Night."

----

I needed some fresh air so instead of driving my squad car back to my complex, I decided to walk. I needed the time to clear my head and plus I was getting in my nightly exercise.

"Farrah tonight isn't going to be any fun without you," Symphony, one of my close friends, whined on the other end of my phone. "Jenna is going to be disappointed."

I had backed out of a girl's night out... I was already an hour late so I didn't think it would matter.

"You guys are already having fun and I would have to go home, take a shower, do my hair and by the time I'm finished with that you guys would probably be ready to home. I'll just catch up with you three another time."

"Do you promise?" She asked disappointed.

"Yes, I promise." I hang up the phone and continue to walk home, right before turning the corner to where my place was I hear some voices.